It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Irregular Periods - Pregnant or health problem? SCARED!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2003, 10:51 AM   #1
angel0317

angel0317 HB User
Post Irregular Periods - Pregnant or health problem? SCARED!!

Hi,
I am new here. I got off of bc in Dec this year. My husband & I want to start trying. I have always been irregular when not on bc, but not this bad. I have missed one period in March after getting off bc. Now I haven't had a period since May 26th(53 days ago). I spotted a couple of days very lightly when I should've started on June 30th. My cycles are about 36 days when they are normal. I have had cramping and sore breasts this whole time just about. Do you think I am pregnant or something is wrong with me like maybe endiometriosis? Any input would be appreciated. I am very nervous & don't go to the dr. til next Thursday. Maybe some of you can calm my fears.

Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2003, 02:16 PM   #2
kbonnieboo

kbonnieboo HB User
have you taken a pregnancy test? I have pcos...which makes me very irregular...and before I was diagnosed, I must have bought a zillion of those! Check that first...

Maybe someone else has more?

b

Old 07-18-2003, 11:46 AM   #3
bngreen

bngreen HB User
I have had irregular periods since they started. I miss at least one month a year. My periods range anywhere from 28-30 days, however they last five days. That is the only consistency. I drive myself and my husband nuts every month with the "p" word. Eventually my period comes and I prepare for the next month. Let us know how your doc visit goes.

Old 07-18-2003, 05:15 PM   #4
Dianek
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
If you have had sore breasts for more than two weeks, odds are you are pregnant.

I suffered with infertility for several years and irregular periods also. When I was heading into my 3rd week of tender breasts and no period, I took a pregnancy test and my miracle baby was on his way!

I also had very severe cramping around the time my period was due; before I even suspected pregnancy. Good thing I didn't know I was pregnant then, for sure I'd think I was losing the baby but he went full term...actually more than full term, I was about two weeks overdue and he was born via c-section at 9lbs. 7oz.; big baby for a little girl like me! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Best of luck in your hopes for a baby; there's nothing comparable in the love you feel when baby is put in your arms after all that hard work!

Closed Thread