It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

What to expect??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2003, 10:58 PM   #1
Ravishing
(female)

Ravishing HB User
Unhappy What to expect??

I have been having pain during sex from about the 4th time we did it on. It feels like a burning pain and lately I've been bleeding the slightest bit after. I called my Dr's office to make an appt before the bleeding started but the nurse told me that it was probably just a yeast infection and to go to the clinic so I wouldn't have to wait for an appointment. I went to the clinic and talked to the Dr. (he never looked at me) who said it was probably a yeast infection and gave me a prescription.
Sex still hurts and there's some bleeding now. My b/f is frustrated because I'm constantly telling him what to do or to stop moving during sex and I hate it because I just want things to feel good for both of us.
I FINALLY got an appt to see my Dr. next week and I'm sure that I'll have to have a pap smear since I've never had one. I know that there are other posts here about what will happen during a pap test, but I'm wondering if anything will be done differently considering that I'm already having pain down there? I feel like the skin is really irritated at the base of my vagina when we're having sex - its almost like fire spreading around. I can't imagine feeling that on top of the initial weirdness of my first pap test.

I've also heard that the pill can sometimes cause the vaginal walls to become very easily irritated - we always use LOTS of lube. Does anyone know anything about this in addition to my other question?

Thanks for any responses

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2003, 11:49 PM   #2
MelissaH

MelissaH HB User
First of all make sure you're not allergic to whatever "lube" you are using, b/c that may cause irritation. Second, don't dred your pap test. It's a little awkward the first time, but after that it's only once a year and it's a cinch. There really isn't anything else the doctor could do other than just look and examine the irritation so don't worry about that either. He may give you something to rub on it to calm it. Make sure you tell him what lubricant you are using. Also, a lot of people are allergic to latex condoms, so if you use those, that may be it. Stay calm at your appointment and remember there isn't anything they haven't seen before. Have your doc tell you everything he's going to do before he does it so there are not surprises (they usually do this anyway). Also, there is ALWAYS a nurse present in the room to stay next to you if you have a problem. It's acutally a very quick procedure where the use a long q-tip to swipe your cervix for cells and that is it. You may feel pressure, but no pain. Please don't fret too much. I am trying to let you know a lot because I didn't talk to anyone before my first pap and I was terrified. So I hope I can alleviate some of your stress. I promise it's nothing painful or mortifying. Let me know how it goes and if this helps.

Closed Thread