It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

I thought i had MS this what it was

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2003, 08:47 AM   #1
CJFla

CJFla HB User
Post I thought i had MS this what it was

I went to the Dr. yesterday to get my results of my spinal MRI and nemerous blood test. My MRI of my lower spine was clear of MS and all of my blood test were negative for the various things I had been screened for. I was shocked when my Dr. told me that he thinks that my symptoms mostly in the lower right side extremity are stemming from a spot of endometriosis that may have attached to a nerve off of my spine. At first I thought no way but then I went home and did some research and found that many of the nerves run off of the spine directly into the area of the ovaries and female organs. I was dxed with severe endometriosis at 21 and have had surgery 7 times, once to remove the left ovary that had attached to my bowel and the fallopian tube, twice for tubule pregs in the right tube and the others were for clean up! Anyway for any of you women out there that have not been dxed yet and have endometriosis or other female problems you may want to ask your Dr about this as a possibility. I have an apt with my OB-GYN who is professor at USF next month to dive more into this theory. I am praying that my other Dr. is right about his theory. Still my Dr. said that if I have another flair that he is going to have me seen by the neuro again and maybe a Rheumy Dr. as well. He said you can never be to sure about these things. I know that someday I will have to have a complete hystromecty, I am only 28 now so I want to put it off as long as possible, if however I do have the endo on my spinal nerves I think I will go ahead and get it over with. What an ordeal this has been, I thought I was going to loose my mind through all the testing for MS and Lupus.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2005, 10:57 AM   #2
honigkatze
(female)

honigkatze HB User
Still here?

I am a 29 year old female and new to this board. I came across your post as it is very similar to something I am going through right now. I just wanted to know what ever happened to you and what did the doctors finally find out??

Closed Thread