It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Balloon Ablation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-19-2003, 01:22 PM   #1
    Dawnrise
    Veteran
    (female)

Dawnrise HB User
    Post Balloon Ablation

Has anyone had a balloon ablation done? If so, what was your condition like before, your recovery experience and would you recommend it over other procedures, such as, laser or roller-ball ablation or hysterectomy? I'm looking at having a d&c and balloon ablation done in about a month because of excessive bleeding and would like some personal experience info. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2003, 04:26 PM   #2
    nowgimpy

nowgimpy HB User
    Hi,
    I posted about this same subject.
    Looking to have the THERMACHOICE doen cause my stinkin' period is so crazy and such an inconvenience in my life. I have to go on the pill to move the sucker in order not to spoil vacations and such...
    I heard this is a great solution.
    What more have you learned.
    Thanks and good luck! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Old 08-11-2003, 05:06 PM   #3
    DoeZ0763
    Veteran
    (female)

DoeZ0763 HB User
    Thumbs up

Hi girls...I had a balloon ablation on 4-1-01 and couldn't be happier. The reason I had it was because my periods were out of control. I had my tubes tied probably 8 years before this procedure...my periods were so heavy...I mean sooooo heavy...that my obgyn put me on the pill...well after 8 years of being on the pill and having my tubes tied...I thought enough...so I found a new Dr. because the old one wouldn't do anything about my periods...other than keep me on the pill. It was the best thing I ever did. I'm no longer on the pill and I really don't get a period I will get the symptoms but if anything at all...it's a spot or so. I wear a pantiliner...and it never gets dirty. The whole procedure was fine...If I remember correctly...it took me a few days to get back to normal...I had to go to work the latter of the week...I felt no pain or anything. I highly recommend this procedure...Good Luck

Old 08-12-2003, 04:11 PM   #4
    nowgimpy

nowgimpy HB User
    DoeZ,
    WOW! That sounds so great to barely have a period. I am at my wits end, ready to do anything to be rid of this monthly pest. It makes me so mad to deal with it!!! At 35, one would think she could handle her period and not have accidents all the time. I hate having to put my life on hold due to this.
    Can you tell me the name of the procedure? Was it thermachoice"? Did you have a general or local or>>>what?
    Thanks.
    ANy info if appreciated. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif

Old 08-13-2003, 02:07 AM   #5
    Dawnrise
    Veteran
    (female)

Dawnrise HB User
    I had my surgery on June 25, 2003. I had a hysteroscopy, d&c, thermochoice ablation and tubes tied. I'm still having a discharge from the surgery so still don't know the end results. But I'm not bleeding like I had been for the last 2 years. The only pain I had was from the incision and it was just a little sore. No big deal. I was a little uncomfortable for a day or so from the carbon dioxide. And I also had general anesthetic. So from everything I've gone through I would recommend the ablation for anyone who is thinking about a hysterectomy. This might be an alternative for you. Check with your doctor. It's less invasive and the recovery time is unbelievable. My surgery was on a Friday and I could have gone back to work on Monday but just felt (for the heck of it) like staying home one more day.

Old 08-16-2003, 04:39 AM   #6
    Dawnrise
    Veteran
    (female)

Dawnrise HB User
    DoeZ0763.....how long did the discharge last after your surgery? I'm going on 3-1/2 weeks and still have one with some bleeding. I read where it's supposed to be 5 to 14 days. I'm really getting frustrated because this is why I had the surgery, to get rid of the bleeding. *sigh*

Closed Thread