It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Hormonal Imbalance??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-17-2003, 11:48 AM   #1
    sladkins

sladkins HB User
    Hormonal Imbalance??

I have been having what I believe to be a hormonal imbalance. I started 3 months ago in 21 days and then the next was 62 days and then this time I started spotting at 23 days and it stopped and then spotted again today on day 28. Lastnight I started having palpitations and my heart was beating fast. I felt like crying and was having hot flashes. Iím only 25. Usually my periods are around 40 to 45 days. Has anyone else ever experienced this before? I have an appointment next week. Iím just so fed up and trying to work two jobs etc. This is really bringing me down. I was just like to hear from others that have possibly experienced this. Thanks so much for any replies. Iím currently taking magnesium 250mg and calcium 1000 mgs everyday. Anything else that helps you I would like to hear about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2003, 09:53 PM   #2
    normorcrazy
    Senior Veteran

normorcrazy HB User
    Re: Hormonal Imbalance??

I have problems with elevated progesterone. Since the birth of my son I have experienced being in a constant state of panic for weeks at a time. My mood swings are ridiculous. Half the time I feel like I am losing my mind. I'm also very forgetful. I started taking a low dose birth control that was working wonders. I recently ran out and now I feel the symptoms coming back. My anxiety levels are so high it's frightening. I also haven't had a period in over a month. I know it's because my levels are back up, but I can't get in with the doctor to get more pills. Definitely have them test your thyroid, progesterone and estrogen levels. I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of what's going on. Good luck and take care!

Old 12-21-2003, 03:46 AM   #3
    GinaAnn
    Inactive

GinaAnn HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by normorcrazy
    I have problems with elevated progesterone. Since the birth of my son I have experienced being in a constant state of panic for weeks at a time. My mood swings are ridiculous. Half the time I feel like I am losing my mind. I'm also very forgetful. I started taking a low dose birth control that was working wonders. I recently ran out and now I feel the symptoms coming back. My anxiety levels are so high it's frightening. I also haven't had a period in over a month. I know it's because my levels are back up, but I can't get in with the doctor to get more pills. Definitely have them test your thyroid, progesterone and estrogen levels. I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of what's going on. Good luck and take care!
    What BC pill did you find helped you? I have the same thing...I had bad panic attacks and started Ortho-cept 15 years ago and they went away!!! But then my DR. took me off of them as he said they were dangerous...he put me on Yasmin and I always felt fat so I stopped taking them. Now the Panic attacks are back.....I need a new pill but I dont know which one to ask for. TY......Gina

Old 12-21-2003, 08:46 PM   #4
    normorcrazy
    Senior Veteran

normorcrazy HB User

Gina, the only one I've found works for me is Loestrin FE 1.5/30 or the off brand Microgestin 1.5/30 FE. They are the 28 day pack and though I have some panic attacks prior to my cycle, that is usually the only time. Depending on what doctor you talk to many will tell you that hormones do not cause panic attacks, but I agree with the ones that tell you hormones can play a big part in causing panic attacks. Prior to starting the pills you should get a baseline progesterone 3-7 days into your next cycle. This is when your levels should be at below 0. The higher your numbers come back will usually reflect how bad your attacks and other symptoms are. I really hope if you choose to get back on the pill it works for you as well. I know first hand how difficult it can be dealing with the constant thought of losing your mind. I wish you the best. Take care and enjoy the holidays!!!

Closed Thread