It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

I know I sound like a baby, so can anyone offer advice or share experience?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2004, 05:38 PM   #1
luv2sing
Inactive
(female)

luv2sing HB User
I know I sound like a baby, so can anyone offer advice or share experience?

I posted about skipping my placebo birth control pills-I skipped my period last month as a result and I skipped the placebos this month as well, but instead of skipping my period this time, I got what my gyno called a "double period"-it will be 2 weeks of bleeding this coming Tuesday. Now, since I have been on the pill, I have been a bit spoiled-I would stain a bit every month and that was it, so basiclly anything that lasts more than an hour for me is long At first, it was really clumpy, then seemed to ease up a bit, then started again and on Monday, it was VERY clumpy when I woke up-I have never been that bad even before I started the pill. So anyway-I was wondering if ANYONE has had a similar experience with skipping the placebos-I just need some reassurance because I am starting to get concerned and of course, my gyno isn't back till Monday

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2004, 08:22 PM   #2
PaNik5717
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User
Re: I know I sound like a baby, so can anyone offer advice or share experience?

I basically had the same problems. I had that post back in the late summer about bleeding on continuous pills. It turns out I probably have something very serious wrong with me, but I know I wasn't the only one who had it happen.

Are you still taking active pills or did you start on placebos this week? If you started the placebo week, that could be why the bleeding got heavier and it should go away by the end of your placebo week based on other women's experiences.

You aren't a baby at all, but you will have to give your body a few cycles to adjust to this. Some docs think it looks very simple on paper, but it doesn't work out so simply in real life. Now that you know that you need to have a withdrawal when you start spotting, it should be a little easier on you.

Old 01-02-2004, 08:35 PM   #3
luv2sing
Inactive
(female)

luv2sing HB User

Well, PaNik,the bleeding started on the 17th day of my new packet of pills, so I started the placebos last Sunday and this Sunday will start active pills again. I didn't want to go through this again, so that's why I DID take the placebos this month. The heavy clumping did happen last Monday,which was the second day of placebos, so that kinda fits with what you said. I am upset that my gyno didn't warn me that this would happen. But, I think I am more upset at myself for messing up my system when my period was basically nothing to begin with! I have been going to the bathroom like a crazy person-I keep checking and checking if it has stopped-LOL! I have never used so many tampons in my life-as a matter of fact, I didn't even OWN any because I haven't had to use sanitary protection for the past 3 years! Sad, huh? LOL!!! Anyway-you made me feel a bit more at ease-THANKS SO MUCH!!

Old 01-05-2004, 11:59 AM   #4
luv2sing
Inactive
(female)

luv2sing HB User

IT STOPPED-YEAH!!!!!! Thanks so much to everyone for their support. I started my active pills yesterday and the bleeding has stopped-finally! Boy-did I learn my lesson-I'm never skipping my placebos again!!!

Closed Thread