It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Retrograde menstruation

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #1
amwood

amwood HB User
Question Retrograde menstruation

I just had laparoscopic surgery last week and the surgeon saw blood my pelvic cavity - in front of, behind, and around my uterus. He didn't see any endometriosis while he was in there. The surgery was done for GI problems so there was a GI doc assisting, but there was no gyn there since they didn't expect to find blood in my pelvic cavity. Afterwards the surgeon spoke with my primary and they're sending me to a gyn soon for evaluation. The surgeon, who I should mention specializes in GI small bowel stuff, speculated that it might be retrograde menstruation, but that he wasn't sure, and that he didn't think it would leave that much blood in the area.

I haven't been to the gyn yet, so I'm sure I'm learn more about this...but I tried doing a search online and everything I read associated retrograde menstruation with endo (which they didn't see during surgery)....does anyone know of any other causes of this? Or has anyone been diagnosed with this? What is the treatment for it? I'm not having any pain right now, although the surgeon was really surprised that I hadn't had any pain from the amount of blood he found. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks ~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread