It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

mole

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2004, 01:55 PM   #1
babygrant
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
mole

I have a mole......about the size of a dime just outside my vagina. When I get pap smears the doctor said if I want it removed i have to go to a plastic surgeon. It hasn't grown but sometimes it gets a little sore. My dad had skin cancer that they found in one of his moles and now I'm wondering if I should get this mole removed or wait? Anyone have any advice?

Angela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2004, 06:33 PM   #2
ABC~Mom
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User
Re: mole

i have two tiny moles down there but they dont bother me or anything...but if i was in your shoes i might opt to remove it...but get all the professional advise you can...that way you can make an informed desision, best of luck to you.

Old 01-16-2004, 07:51 PM   #3
coppertop
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User

Hi Babygrant,
Being a redhead I have read up on Melanoma since Im at higher risk for it. Considering your father had skin cancer and the mole is the size of a dime you should probably get it removed (moles should be be the size of a pencil eraser or smaller). Also, if I remember correctly, moles that are in areas of your body that don't usually see sun are more likely to be atypical (not cancerous but higher chance of turning into it). I got a mole removed from my upper arm a few years ago and it wasn't bad at all (although because of where yours is it might be more uncomfortable.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-17-2004, 09:33 AM   #4
Ashton'sMommy

Ashton'sMommy HB User

I have had quite a few pre cancerous moles removed.

I was told any mole that gets friction or rubbed on should be reomoved as friction can cause it to become cancerous ( dunno how )
since it is in the vagina area I am sure it gets rubbed on by your underwear etc so maybe you should have it removed.

Your dermatologist doesnt remove them?

I would have one like that burned off not cut though.

Old 01-17-2004, 04:54 PM   #5
ABC~Mom
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

i didnt know about that being rubbed thing...i have one under my right breast and it gets rubbed by my bra and shirt...and it isnt a flat one either
...maybe i should see a doc about it???

Last edited by ~Winnie~; 01-17-2004 at 04:55 PM.

Old 01-17-2004, 10:45 PM   #6
tzty
Inactive

tzty HB User

By all means get it removed. I had what they call a finger skin removed because it became sore and irritated and it took a whole ten minutes for me to take my underpants off and do the thing and put them on. I didn't need a biopsy but you should have it done. ^;;^)))~~~

Old 01-17-2004, 10:47 PM   #7
tzty
Inactive

tzty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Winnie~
i didnt know about that being rubbed thing...i have one under my right breast and it gets rubbed by my bra and shirt...and it isnt a flat one either
...maybe i should see a doc about it???
Wininie, Please do...see a Plastic Surgeon and get it removed soon. It could get rubbed raw and bleed on you one day. Made my husband get one removed on his ankle and he is so glad. His boots don't rub anymore. His bled a few times and I had to make him go but now he is glad he did. ^;;^)))~~

Old 04-22-2004, 02:16 PM   #8
snuggles432

snuggles432 HB User

Hi,I know how u are feeling ....I have one also as big as a eraser on the inside of my leg,which was as small as my thumb nail at one time,now it's growing like wild fire,and my bleeds and his painful because of my panties rubbing on it,I am getting mine removed,I know the date am going,but waiting on the time,am going threw the day surgery,So my advice to u is get to the doctor my friend.Good luck to you.

Closed Thread