It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Emergency Contraception question

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2004, 07:53 AM   #1
GreenIslonglegz

GreenIslonglegz HB User
Emergency Contraception question

Hi I have just read the pregnancy info for teens post (I am not a teen tho). It made for interesting reading.
The last part about the emergency contraceptive or 'morning after pill' said it was basically the regular monthly contraceptive pill but a higher dosage. Not that I'm suggesting anyone do this nor do I want to but if you happened to need the morning after pill would taking several normal contraceptive pills do the same job?
Of course if u were on the contraceptive pill then you wouldn't need the emergency sort, I was just curious. Maybe if someone had just come off of the pill and then had a accident with their contraception (e.g.condom split) if they had some pills left over and weren't in a position to be able to get any emergency contraception would this be an option in desperate times?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2004, 09:58 AM   #2
angelkitty081

angelkitty081 HB User
Re: Emergency Contraception question

For emergency contreception you do take a higher dose BC pill but it is only a certain kind, it doesn't work with every kind, and you must do it within about 72 hours. Your healthcare provider will suggest doing this ASAP. There is about a 75% chance of effectivness. Always have a doctors approval though. It is always better to be safe than sorry though, there are plenty of worse things out there than a pregnancy.

Closed Thread