It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Ortho Tri-Cyclen VS Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2004, 04:18 PM   #1
    tarynfiona

tarynfiona HB User
    Ortho Tri-Cyclen VS Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo

I'm considering switching from Ortho Tri Cyclen to Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo. I have been on Ortho Tri Cyclen for about 2 and a half years and haven't had any problems, but I just found out my University Health Clinic raised the price of Ortho Tri Cyclen while the Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo has stayed inexpensive.
    So, does the Lo have the same effects as regular Ortho? How about it's effects on the complexion? I had the occasional breakout before I started Ortho and after I started taking it my skin has been very clear. Also, Ortho shortened my period from 7-8 days to about 5.
    Any personal experiences would be helpful!
    Thanks,
    Taryn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2004, 02:59 PM   #2
    akadawn

akadawn HB User
    Re: Ortho Tri-Cyclen VS Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo

I have been on Ortho Lo for three months and am actually going to switch to regular Ortho, I want the advantage of clearer skin if possible. I found that Ortho-Lo didn't help, but otherwise have no complaints with it. Do you know if switching pills will cause breakthrough bleeding? As this is something that I am wondering because of switching tomorrow.

Old 04-05-2004, 06:50 PM   #3
    tarynfiona

tarynfiona HB User

I was told by the pharmacist that there would be no problems in switching, but then again, he isn't a medical doctor.

Old 04-06-2004, 06:26 PM   #4
    novembre
    Veteran
    (female)

novembre HB User

I went from Ortho Cyclen to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and had no change in side effects. My skin is still generally clear (and it's been a while), and I did break out a lot before I went on the pill, so it's definitely helped my skin. If you have clear skin with what you're on now, you'll probably still have clear skin on the Lo kind.

Last edited by novembre; 04-06-2004 at 06:27 PM.

Old 04-08-2004, 10:52 PM   #5
    Lily789

Lily789 HB User

I was taking Ortho Tri Cyclen for about 6 years and recently switched to Ortho Lo. I haven't noticed any difference at all (but I have pretty decent skin anyway). From what I understand, Ortho Lo really is safer, so you may want to seriously consider switching. My doctor failed to mention this when I switched: the birth control is not as effective the first month you switch and you should use an alternative bc method. I can't believe she didn't tell me that! Everything turned out ok though, and I've not noticed any difference.

Old 04-09-2004, 10:19 AM   #6
    karen430
    (female)

karen430 HB User

When i was switched to Lo, I experienced break-through bleeding, which wasn't fun at all! I was told that a lot of women experience this, although I know you are looking for skin affects. No birth control pill has ever bothered my skin before, but I have also never had problems with acne. I just wanted to make you aware of other side effects. Good luck

Closed Thread