It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• No period for over 3 months and having pelvic pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-08-2004, 12:25 PM   #1
    kuhnyrat

kuhnyrat HB User
    Question No Period For Over 3 Months And Having Pelvic Pain

NO PERIOD FOR OVER 3 MONTHS AND HAVING PELVIC PAIN I recently went to see my doctor for pelvic pain. The pain would be so bad it would make me double over and sometimes it hurt so bad I couldn't get comfortable. My husband and me were trying to have kids so in August of 2003 I stopped taking my birth control pills. I was having normal periods up till December 2003. Then on March 30th, 2004 I had these intense pelvic pains. I went to my doctor, and she ran all kinds of tests. I had a pregnancy test, a urinalysist test, an ultrasound, and even a CAT scan. They said that everything was normal. But yet, I had these pains for over a week. I am beginning to think that people think I am crazy. The pains are finally easing up and next week I am going to a gyno to see what she thinks it may be. Do you have any idea as to what might be wrong? Any advice?

Last edited by kuhnyrat; 04-08-2004 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Needed to be bolder

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2004, 06:08 PM   #2
    crabbyroad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

crabbyroad HB User
    Re: No period for over 3 months and having pelvic pain

Kuhnyrat,

Sorry no idea, could be a multitude of things. Is best to see a Gyn though, since your not pregnant according to the tests, they would have caught I would think an epotopic pregnancy in the ultrasound. But cessation of menses should definitely be looked at, it could be a thyroid, hormonal problem, cyst, etc.

Please let us know what you find out.

CrabbyRoad

Old 04-09-2004, 05:51 AM   #3
    hebbybabe

hebbybabe HB User
    Lightbulb Re: No period for over 3 months and having pelvic pain

[removed] I'm not sure how old you are but it can begin at just about any age... my neighbor started when she was 28(ish... maybe earlier?) ... she's thirty nine now and the only reason she hasn't completed Menopause is because she's had three kids since she found out, and that is keeping her fertile. Either way you might wanna check it out! I was just on there looking at the info and i think pelvic pain could have been a symptom... I hope this helps & good luck at the gyno!

Last edited by Moderator BAC; 04-09-2004 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Do not post websites without Moderator 1's approval. Read and follow our rules!

Old 04-09-2004, 06:51 PM   #4
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User
    Re: No Period For Over 3 Months And Having Pelvic Pain

Endometriosis can also cause pelvic pain, so it is best to see a gyn and make sure. I also have missed menstral cycles too and I get very bad pain in my abdomen a lot. I could not afford to do a scope, but the gyn told me he thought it was endometriosis......which is basically scar tissue. Do you have heavy bleeding, pain, and fatigue during your cycle?

Chantel

Old 04-11-2004, 07:02 AM   #5
    ladybug8372
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybug8372 HB User
    Re: No period for over 3 months and having pelvic pain

i went through this just this past month--extreme pain for over a week, and didnt get my period. i have a history of endometriosis. i went to my gyn this past thursday--she said "every month a cyst develops on a womans ovaries, when its time, the cyst opens up and releases the egg" mine failed to open, therefore, my body didnt recognize that it was that time of the month, which is why i didnt have a period....the pain was due to the cyst rupturing. She gave me a prescription for Provera---it is supposed to make me have a period sometime between now and the 19th. So, this is something you may want to talk to your GYN about.

Closed Thread