It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• "INVERTED NIPPLES" ???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2004, 06:35 AM   #1
    emmabee

emmabee HB User
    "INVERTED NIPPLES" ???

I'd never heard of these until just recently when my girl friend shev told me she wouldn't go anywhere with her boyfriend because she has "inverted nipples" and she's embarrassed. I convinced her to show me, they look normal except the nob is just flatter. I don't think it's a big concern but you never know what it feels like until YOU yourself have it right? I told her not to worry about it because everyone is different but she's uncomfortable with it and I hoped maybe someone on here has had the same problem? Is there a way you can cure these thingies? Is there such a thing as "inverted nipples" lol?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2004, 09:48 AM   #2
    ~Smitten~

~Smitten~ HB User
    Re: "INVERTED NIPPLES" ???

Yes, there is such thing as inverted nipples. My daughter was born with them and instead of the nipple pointing out, it sinks in. It doesn't bother her, and the doctor told us the only problem she may have down the road is breastfeeding when she has children. There may be some sort of surgical procedure that could be done, but your friend would need to consult with her doctor if it really bothers her that much.

Old 05-08-2004, 04:45 AM   #3
    alleycat
    Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by emmabee
    I'd never heard of these until just recently when my girl friend shev told me she wouldn't go anywhere with her boyfriend because she has "inverted nipples" and she's embarrassed. I convinced her to show me, they look normal except the nob is just flatter. I don't think it's a big concern but you never know what it feels like until YOU yourself have it right? I told her not to worry about it because everyone is different but she's uncomfortable with it and I hoped maybe someone on here has had the same problem? Is there a way you can cure these thingies? Is there such a thing as "inverted nipples" lol?
    Yes there is such a thing. Unfortunatly the only thing she can really have done is a surgery procedure.

Old 05-08-2004, 05:37 AM   #4
    1angel1princess

1angel1princess HB User

I have flat nipples... in between nomal and inverted... I never even noticed them until I had my daughter and tried to breast feed. They gave me two breast "shields" and it poped them right out... kinda a pain to wear, but they did the trick and my nipples haven't gone back sence.
    She told me they make them spacifiacly for inverted nipples. I wore mine for about 3 weeks and never had to sence... not to mention breast fed for 15 mths no prob. Maybe she could try that out?

Natalee

Old 05-09-2004, 12:52 AM   #5
    emmabee

emmabee HB User

Thanks for your help guys

Closed Thread