It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• hormonal imbalance... questions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2004, 10:21 PM   #1
    1angel1princess

1angel1princess HB User
    hormonal imbalance... questions

Well Ive posted a few times about being tested for an homonal imbalance... I belive VERY strongly that is what is going on with me at this point, after all the research and all the tests Ive had done its the one that makes the most sence.
    I went and saw the Endo today and he really let me down. He told me he would run 2 tests one for poly cistic ovarys (sp?) and the other for that very very rare hormone problem caused by the cortosol in your body... any way he told me he doubts that i have a hormonal imbalance because I have no facial hair.... and that if the two tests come back Negitive hes going to "chalk" it off to bad genes... what kinda crap is that? I left in tears and haven't quit sence.
    So does EVERYONE who has an hormonal imbalance ALWAYS have facial hair... is it enough to by pass all my other symtoms just because I have no facial hair?
    Has ANYONE been down this road? I really really need some guidance at this point! ANY ideas are welcome please help me!

Natalee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2004, 04:41 AM   #2
    alleycat
    Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User
    Re: hormonal imbalance... questions

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1angel1princess
    Well Ive posted a few times about being tested for an homonal imbalance... I belive VERY strongly that is what is going on with me at this point, after all the research and all the tests Ive had done its the one that makes the most sence.
    I went and saw the Endo today and he really let me down. He told me he would run 2 tests one for poly cistic ovarys (sp?) and the other for that very very rare hormone problem caused by the cortosol in your body... any way he told me he doubts that i have a hormonal imbalance because I have no facial hair.... and that if the two tests come back Negitive hes going to "chalk" it off to bad genes... what kinda crap is that? I left in tears and haven't quit sence.
    So does EVERYONE who has an hormonal imbalance ALWAYS have facial hair... is it enough to by pass all my other symtoms just because I have no facial hair?
    Has ANYONE been down this road? I really really need some guidance at this point! ANY ideas are welcome please help me!

Natalee
    Im sorry your not getting the kind of attention from your doctor that you deserve. Most of the people I know that have hormonal imbalnces do have facial hair but Im sure there are probably women out ther suffering from hormonal imbalances without facial hair. If you feel so strongly about this don't give up maybe you would have better luck by talking with your family physican or a gynocologist. I hope things work out for ya Keep us posted.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:27 PM   #3
    roocey

roocey HB User
    Re: hormonal imbalance... questions

Natalee, Sorry you didn't have any luck w/ the endo. Like I said before my endo. & family dr. tried to give me antidepressants. I did not get answers until I went to my gyno. He tested for EVERYTHING!! I do not have alot of facial hair, but it has increased in the last several months. Do not give up!! Try your gyno & see if they can give ya more answers.

Closed Thread