It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Inverted Nipple?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-01-2004, 03:02 AM   #1
    WhiskersOnKittens
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User
    Arrow Inverted Nipple?

Does anybody else have this? Only one of my nipples is inverted, and it's not all of the time. When I'm warm, and my nipples are soft it looks totally normal, but when I'm cold or aroused, (most of the time) it gets TOTALLY inverted. It's so embarassing... It doesn't bother my fiancee at all--I don't think he thinks much about it, but I'm wondering if there's anything at all I might be able to do that could fix this problem? If anybody has any ideas or has had a similar problem, please respond! Thanks!!

Whiskers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2004, 06:12 AM   #2
    lannie2006

lannie2006 HB User
    Re: Inverted Nipple?

Hi - Has it always been this way or just happened recently? I have a girlfriend who had this happen and it turned out to be breast cancer. Hers was not always like that, it just appeared like that one day and she decided to go get it checked out. Not sure your age, she is in her 50's. Not to scare you, but you may want to get it looked at.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:18 PM   #3
    WhiskersOnKittens
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Hi again,
    I'm only 21, and it's been happening for quite a long time. I started noticing it more within the last couple years but that could just be because I'm "at that age". I'm pretty sure it's been happening ever since pubrety.
    Thanks for the reply!

Old 06-01-2004, 05:07 PM   #4
    Nels4

Nels4 HB User

I have one slightly inverted nipple and I think it bothers me more than anyone else. I have had it all my life and it has not affected me in anyway, has served all necessary purposes just like the other one (sexual and breastfeeding). I have read that when you nurse you can use a breast pump to help it not be so inverted but I have done that and nothing changed, I have nursed two babies and its still the same. So unless its more than just a visual distraction for you, I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially if your boyfriend isn't bothered by it!

Closed Thread