It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Bad breath has changed my personality:Part 2

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-21-2004, 05:02 PM   #46
    Casie

Re: Bad breath has changed my personality:Part 2

Well I usually get on here to rant and complain when I feel low. I did want to get on and to The Ranger:
    I have tried your method of gargling with the baking soda and Hydrogen Peroxide, along with water in the morning/night. All I can say is, I am Not completely sure the BB is gone, but my mouth feels so good. I think all of us know that have BB, our mouth feels nasty and tastes crappy. I can usually tell my mouth is exhausting fumes of BB. But After gargling a few times, my mouth feels neutralized and all day too, not just masking like other mouthwashes. Even after lunch and coffee, it feels great. I have more confidence at work and talking with people... I have not noticed anyone backing up or putting their hands to their noses.

So I suggest this to all, and its a $2.00 expense which another bonus! If anyone else tries this combination... do it a few times in the morning laying on the bed like Ranger suggested, spending at least 10-20 minutes. Oh, and please reply and let me know if anyone else agrees that this makes your mouth feel 20 times better
    Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2004, 10:48 PM   #47
    AsTallAsLions

AsTallAsLions HB User

^ does your tongue look clear?

Old 06-21-2004, 11:12 PM   #48
    TheRanger

TheRanger HB User

Casie, good to hear it's helping.
    I could easily qualify as one of the worst BB cases on this earth, and it has provided me with tremendous relief. keep it up, the longer you continue the 5-15 minutes 3 stage gargling sessions, the better your results will be. Remember, various sessions are important, as h202 converts to non cleansing products very quickly in a mouth plagued with BB. numerous exposures is the most important part of the process.

Old 06-22-2004, 12:15 AM   #49
    Pigman

Pigman HB User

AsTallAsLions:The reason things only work for a while is because the bacteria/fungus will build up resistance to it. When you took the antibiotics it kills off all those bad guys causing the problems and bad breath, but it kills the good guys too. Thats why when you quit taking it the bad breath comes back cuz the bad bacteria will grow out of control before the goods ones can restablish. Even if you kept taking those antibiotics sooner or later they would start to be immune to them. You most likly have an overgrowth of Candida, like I did and I'm still fighting, which causes bad breath.

Last edited by Pigman; 06-22-2004 at 01:22 PM.

Old 06-22-2004, 10:39 AM   #50
    AsTallAsLions

AsTallAsLions HB User

casie, ranger,
    do you guys think you could post the exact measurements (e.g. 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup, etc.) of this supposed relief solution?

Last edited by AsTallAsLions; 06-22-2004 at 12:39 PM.

Old 06-22-2004, 01:31 PM   #51
    Pigman

Pigman HB User

Brandon48: I think you should try eliminating all forms of sugar from your diet for at least 8 days while on the primal Defense. Your bad breath should clear up by at least 80% by day 8 if you totally avoid all sugar (even fruit) and refined carbohydrates (white bread, pasta), whole grain bread and pasta is fine. This works for me but I also don't drink alcohol or caffine which is also recomended to not consume. Just a thought, I know it seems like a big step but I'm willing to do anything to keep this beast under control.

Last edited by Pigman; 06-22-2004 at 01:32 PM.

Old 06-22-2004, 03:33 PM   #52
    lovinglife00
    Inactive

lovinglife00 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pigman
    Brandon48: I think you should try eliminating all forms of sugar from your diet for at least 8 days while on the primal Defense. Your bad breath should clear up by at least 80% by day 8 if you totally avoid all sugar (even fruit) and refined carbohydrates (white bread, pasta), whole grain bread and pasta is fine. This works for me but I also don't drink alcohol or caffine which is also recomended to not consume. Just a thought, I know it seems like a big step but I'm willing to do anything to keep this beast under control.
    Pigman-
    In your last message you stated you can eat whole grains and pasta? But it looks like you also stated to Brandon that Pastas are not ok to eat...just a little confused... Help Pigman!!! :-)

Old 06-22-2004, 05:14 PM   #53
    Pigman

Pigman HB User

Refined pastas (white flour) are bad, but you can eat whole grain pastas, if you are allergic to wheat then try spelt Spaghetti or other whole grain pastas. You can find these at most health food stores.

Old 06-22-2004, 09:10 PM   #54
    lovinglife00
    Inactive

lovinglife00 HB User

Got it. Thanks. :-)

Old 06-23-2004, 02:23 PM   #55
    Pigman

Pigman HB User

Just checking up on that baking soda, peroxide, and water mouthwash a couple of you are using. It sounds promising because more than one person has had a good experince with it. Also someone asked if it makes your tounge clean too, and I never saw a answer so I was wondering about that. Has anyone else tried the spry gum or mints? I would say my diet has cleared up 90% of my bad breath and the Spry gum and mints take care of the rest. I perfer the mints over the gum they seem to help a lot more.

Old 06-23-2004, 05:48 PM   #56
    Casie

Hi guys! Sorry for delay in answer... I only get on here every few days..
    As for the Hydrogen Peroxide Mixture... I have been putting it an a cotainer that has measure markings on it, However much I mix, I put about 3/4 Hydrogen Peroxide and 1/4 water. Then I just put about two teaspoons baking soda in and shake it up. I add baking soda every other day, to produce some bubbling action. On the H2O2 bottle, it even says it can be used to rinse in mouth, so I felt better about putting in my mouth, I was a bit hesitent at first.

As for my tongue, it is as pink as ever. Although, my tongue hasn't been white-coated in the past that much. BUT I always had the BB. I still don't know if its gone completely, but my mouth feels great all day after gargling for about 10 minutes in the morning and at night.

I do agree though, after eating sugars/carbs in quantity, my BB seems to multiply in intensity. Trying to change my diet, its hard though!

Pigman, where can I get Spry gum and mints? Never heard of them...

Please let me know what you think of the H2O2 mixture! Anyone else who tries it, let me know as well!

Old 06-23-2004, 07:37 PM   #57
    AsTallAsLions

AsTallAsLions HB User

thanks so much for your help casie. the only problem is, i don't know where to buy hydrogen peroxide.

Old 06-24-2004, 12:45 AM   #58
    TheRanger

TheRanger HB User

Im glad to hear the method is working for you asTall.
    you can pick up hydrogen peroxide anywhere really.. walmart, zellers, any convenience store. Just ask a clerk.

Old 06-24-2004, 02:07 AM   #59
    BUSTED2
    (male)

BUSTED2 HB User

Can u also not put baking soda in it? Which means only 3/4 Hydrogen peroxide and 1/4 water.

Old 06-24-2004, 12:01 PM   #60
    Pigman

Pigman HB User

I get my Spry gum and mints from xylitolnatural they have free shipping.

BTW, is that rinse still working good for you Ranger?

Last edited by Pigman; 06-24-2004 at 12:02 PM.

Closed Thread