It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Bad breath has changed my personality:Part 2

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-25-2004, 12:53 AM   #61
    TheRanger

TheRanger HB User
    Re: Bad breath has changed my personality:Part 2

Busted, check my post detailing the process of all of this on the last few pages of the first BB thread.

As for Pigman, it's still working as well it can be I guess. I have yet to find a way to completely cure it, but after many years, the multiple stage h202 process seems to work best for me. I sometimes also use a dropper to place this same solution into each of my nostrils, and just lean back and let it do it's thing. This also seems to provide some relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2004, 10:36 AM   #62
    AsTallAsLions

AsTallAsLions HB User

what do your guys' dentists say about your bb?

Old 06-25-2004, 11:41 AM   #63
    TheRanger

TheRanger HB User

After they sit me down and start working on me a while, they tell me to get up and brush my teeth in the sink. After that, I sit back down with absolutely no change in odor, only to have them put on their mask, finish as quickly as possible, and shut up with their superfluous "chat speak" (perhaps something good came out of this..). I have stopped going to the regular "teeth cleansing" dentists for 2 or so years now. They have absolutely no grasp on the situation, and certainly couldn't give a rats *** about how to fix the problem of the patient sitting infront of them. I brush at home enough to have gleaming white teeth and not a single cavity, so there is no point wasting their time and my money.

Old 06-26-2004, 01:26 PM   #64
    Pigman

Pigman HB User

I'm with Ranger on that after they couldn't help me, actually told me that my gingivitis was uncureable, thats when I started to put my health in my own hands. I read lots of holistic health books and lots of information online. It pretty much comes down to figuring out what you have, in most of our cases I believe it's "Candida", but I have "Leaky Gut Syndrome" too. Then reading as much as you can to heal it with diet and supplements. Finding the right stuff to take and eat is the hard part but with enough research you will eventually find what is right for you.

Candida:
    No sugar diet (not even one gram, this is very important) you will feel worse for the first week when not eating sugar these are just withdrawl symptoms, but it shows how much the sugar is affecting your body. High quality Probiotics.

Leaky Gut Syndrome:
    Avoiding all foods that you are allergic too. There are tests that can determine these for you, or you can go on a "elimination diet". Glutamine, MSM, Bovine Cartilage, Bromelain, Skilled relaxation.

General:
    Taking plenty of enzymes with each meal. Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar if eating meat. Zinc, Vitamin B complex, Vitamin A. Use natural toothpaste(I use "Kiss My Face" brand). I don't use mouthwashes they always made my mouth feel worse. Spry mints seem to help with bad breath.

More things to try and make a habit: Don't drink a half hour before eating, and at least an hour after(two hours is best). Same with supplements take them with as little liquid as possible, no drink half hour before or half hour after. Some exercise helps the body a great deal too.

These are the only things I do and I'm cured of bad breath and other health problems are diminishing. It doesn't happen over night but just stick with it. It might take a month to see some results because the body is trying to heal itself. Good Luck!

Old 06-26-2004, 01:39 PM   #65
    Georgieboy

Georgieboy HB User

I've been reading through this thread for a few days, and it's been a big help. Thank you! Like most of you I have digestion related BB, probably candida based. My breath is absolutely fine until I eat something bad, so I know it's nothing to do with my oral hygene which of course is excellent.

Some people have asked how you can test your own breath. I've just bought a brilliant (also cheap) electronic device that measures bad breath called Breath Alert. It seems to be very accurate as far as I can tell. Has anyone else tried it?

I'm trying the no sugar, low carb diet. Can anyone tell me if potatoes are all right? Also, did people get head-aches soon after cutting out sugar? Please reply!

Old 06-26-2004, 02:01 PM   #66
    AsTallAsLions

AsTallAsLions HB User

thanks pigman for all that valuable information. i'm sure it will help a lot of us out in this battle against bb. but do you know where we can purchase products such as spry gum and kiss my face toothpaste online?

Old 06-27-2004, 01:17 AM   #67
    katie29

katie29 HB User

Hey folks,
    Just to let ye know that I posted on a thread 'my tongue smell gone...a day I will never forget' under 'dental health' a few weeks back on how I cured my breath..literally in a matter of days..still think diet was the main issue but not sure..could have been some lack of vitamins or probiotics (the friendly bacteria). Have been really strict about the diet (broke out twice tho!!) and still taking most of the supplements I mentioned and now 90% of the time there is no odor from my breath at all! Woke up this morning with a taste and I know I had bad breath after a couple of glasses of wine last night and can even feel a PND but am after a pint of greent tea and some broccoli salad..its nearly ok again..altho I can still feel a taste on the back of my tongue! I have my daughter (8)plagued to smell my breath for me and have no taste in my mouth 90% of the time so am sure that I have found the solution that works for me. Also have since had an food senstivity test done by a kinesiologist...using an electronic machine that measures energy frequencies in your body..cost alot more than a regular test but I am sure its fairly accurate...and this is what turned up...wheat, refined sugar,all dairy except goats produce, tomatoes, mushrooms, beef, pork, and most nuts...which is interesting cos I eliminated all of these on my diet. Have now swithched to brown wholegrain rice as well and alternate between the white and brown. I also didnt mention before..as compared to the BB these were only minor problems...but I have noticed a huge difference in any other symptoms I had...my skin is perfect now...and I always...as far back as my early teens had acne (at least a few spots) on my chin. Psoriasias is almost gone! Have no PMT or period pains and generally feel 100% better! I know there was a lad here that said he was only 18 and could not imagine living life on a restricted diet but I can assure you that the benefits to be gained are enormous and to be honest most of the time it's not hard to do. And I was really really desperate to clear this up so it was a very very small price to pay. Old habits die hard and I still chew gum and back away talking to people in the pub and have the windows down all the way if Im giving someeone a lift in the car but its just something automatic I do now and not cos I need to! I really think its worth making the effort as I do not believe that something purely topical like a mouthwash will solve the problem for anyone who has a longstanding bb problem. And then again..everyones different. But all I can say is it is well worth a try because the quality of life I have now is just incomparable to before. I know its a cliché but I feel like a huge weight is gone from me! I can actually make plans and look forward to them without just worrying about how Im going to get thru the day or the weekend! And can even entertain the possibility of finding a partner again.. something I had also almost given up on. I feel alot of sadness on what Ive missed out on in my teens and in my 20s in the last few days but who says life doesnt begin at 30!!

Old 06-27-2004, 01:50 AM   #68
    AsTallAsLions

AsTallAsLions HB User

katie29, i'm that "young lad" you spoke of in your post and i'm just curious as to what foods you actually eat on this miracle diet?

Old 06-27-2004, 01:12 PM   #69
    Pigman

Pigman HB User

Spry gum and mints from xylitolnatural, but not sure on the toothpaste I buy it from the health store.

Old 06-27-2004, 04:43 PM   #70
    lovinglife00
    Inactive

lovinglife00 HB User

Hello Katie-
    I previously read your original thread in the "tongue smell gone" category and am sooo happy for your success. Since I have read your original post, I have tried most everything (except the Trioral) you are using but for some reason, I am not having the same success as you are having. Sometimes my breath still is horrid. I can tell you that the fruit and veggie diet is getting really difficult. It seems I am eating the same thing everyday because there aren't that many veggies to choose from. Are you eating mostly the same veggies everyday? I am eating broccoli, Kale, collard greens, and lettuce. I choose between those. And have you started to eat any meat or any other carbs besides rice? Also, how do you find the time to take all the supplements? I need your advice on that because I am taking all the supplements in your post and I feel like I have to take a supplement or pill at least every hour. It is very demanding. Are you finding yourself taking supplements most of the day? And one last question... the 20 drops of Echinacea, are you taking that with water or do you take that alone?
    So sorry for the millions of questions Katie. Just need your help :-) Thanks in advance for responding again and I am so happy for you! Keep us updated!

Last edited by lovinglife00; 06-27-2004 at 05:06 PM.

Old 06-27-2004, 07:34 PM   #71
    chriss22

chriss22 HB User
    Question Re: Bad breath has changed my personality:Part 2

Hello everyone

Friday morning I tried the hydrogen peroxide method that was suggested and I noticed that the bubbling up on my tongue seemed to make it easier to scrape off the white coating on it, which I loved. But the only thing was that the rest of the day my throat was killing. I think the mixture might have been a little too strong for me. I used regular peroxide that I bought at a local drugstore (It said somewhere on the bottle 3%)and mixed it 3/4 peroxide and a little less than 1/2 cup water and a teaspoon of baking soda. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I don't know if maybe i just happened to get a soar throat that day and am confusing it w/the peroxide. Thanks

Old 06-27-2004, 09:07 PM   #72
    AsTallAsLions

AsTallAsLions HB User

i tried the hydrogen peroxide solution as well but did not have the sore throat problem. i found that the h2o2 did cure the bb, however, my tongue did not clear up all the way. i'm also sceptical whether or not this method is even safe. but for right now, it's the only thing that produces such great results.

Old 06-28-2004, 04:57 AM   #73
    BUSTED2
    (male)

BUSTED2 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BUSTED2
    Can u also not put baking soda in it? Which means only 3/4 Hydrogen peroxide and 1/4 water.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheRanger
    Busted, check my post detailing the process of all of this on the last few pages of the first BB thread.
    I've read all ur posts but none answers my question. Thnx a lot anyways. I think I'm going to try it too if I can get some h²o² (3%). I feel like a rookie because I haven't tried many things yet. Somehow I'm also pretty sure that this won't work for me. At least I won't feel dissappointed if it doesn't work. I'm startin to hate everyone on school...Argghh...u guys don't give a ****. You were right Ranger. It can only get worse.

Old 06-28-2004, 05:17 AM   #74
    Georgieboy

Georgieboy HB User

Are you all sure that the BB problem is mouth related? Therabreath seems to keep my mouth as clean as a whistle but when I eat something (usually after mid-afternoon) the BB can go crazy. If we've all got BB from the stomach, hydrogen peroxide ain't going to help, is it?

Has anyone else used Breath Alert for testing their breath?

One other thing, I read somewhere that the bacteria in the mouth help to keep candida at bay. Does that mean we're not supposed to be too ruthless with the old hydrogen peroxide??

Old 06-28-2004, 05:31 PM   #75
    Pigman

Pigman HB User

Chris22: You might have got a sore throat from swallowing some of it, make sure not to drink any.

I'm glad to see another sucess besides mine, from someone avoiding refined sugar and food allergies/sensitivites.

Closed Thread