It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Swollen "down there"

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-10-2004, 05:12 PM   #1
    Oz-ouch

Oz-ouch HB User
    Swollen "down there"

Bit embarassing really, but I'm getting a bit worried!

My right labia minora has become swollen & sore - it's now about twice the size of the left one. It's completely smooth - there are no lumps and bumps on the surface, and it's sore to touch & when I move etc. It's not excruciatingly painful or anything, but noticeable. I don't have any discharge at all (I've had thrush before.)

Could it just be an allergic reaction, or something more sinister? I've read up about STD's, and I don't fit any of the symptoms. I'm 30, married, and we're both completely faithful...

Any good advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2004, 07:27 PM   #2
    Reina90
    (female)

Reina90 HB User
    Re: Swollen "down there"

I've heard of women getting swollen inner labias from constant pressure on them..especially if the labias protrude from the vagina. For example, from riding a bike or a horse. Have you been doing anything lately that would increase the pressure to this area? If so, you could just try icing it.

Old 06-11-2004, 06:50 AM   #3
    Nermal1975
    (female)

Nermal1975 HB User

I've had that before. Nothing serious. Usually the cause (for me) is tight pants because of the constant irritation. Try wear comfortable pants for a day and no panty hose since the material is not breathable. How long has yours lasted?

M

Old 06-11-2004, 08:40 PM   #4
    Oz-ouch

Oz-ouch HB User

Its been like that for about a fortnight - I only really noticed it after making love. Today, it is certainly not as swollen - it's just a bit bigger - to totally gross people out, it sort of "burst", like a spot would, yesterday. It's not as painful now, it's back to a normal colour, and there is still no discharge.
    The only thing I've also noticed is that I've got cramping pains like when I have my period - not as sore as it can be, but my lower back and sides are uncomfortable. That's what I was like when I had thrush a few years ago, but like I said, minus the discharge.

I have been a lot more active lately - we've moved to a new area & I do a lot more walking, hence I get a lot warmer. I was wondering if it was just an irritation from that. My labias don't protrude, but I am a bit overweight, so that possibly doesn't help.

I just feel a bit "off" if you know what I mean.

Thanks for all your advice & help.

Closed Thread