It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Had Endometrial ablation... still haing problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-23-2004, 10:02 PM   #1
    jenn0911

jenn0911 HB User
    Question Had Endometrial ablation... still haing problems

I had an endometrial ablation in March and now I don't get my period this procedure is kind of like a hysterectomy but I get to keep my uterus and stuff. But I still have alot of probs I still have the pain but not the period. The only diffence is I can still get pregnant. Please help don't know what else to do...........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2004, 10:03 AM   #2
    Dianek
    Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
    Re: Had Endometrial ablation... still haing problems

I would call your doctor. As far as pregnancy, I thought that it was highly unlikely that a pregnancy could be possible being as the lining of the uterus has been destroyed, but who knows?

Old 06-24-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
    PaNik5717
    Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User

You should definitely call the doc. They really do want to know what we go through and it sounds like this might not have been the best solution for you. Mine discussed the possibility of trapping adeno inside the walls of the uterus and creating pain which is why I skipped the ablation and had the hyster. The hyster was always my preference since I knew it would fix my problem.

And, I had also heard that pregnancy was very unlikely and also potentially very dangerous to the mom. You should definitely ask your doc about these things.

Old 06-24-2004, 01:22 PM   #4
    KimRick
    Inactive

KimRick HB User

As far as I know, pregnancy is not possible without your period.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaNik5717
    You should definitely call the doc. They really do want to know what we go through and it sounds like this might not have been the best solution for you. Mine discussed the possibility of trapping adeno inside the walls of the uterus and creating pain which is why I skipped the ablation and had the hyster. The hyster was always my preference since I knew it would fix my problem.

And, I had also heard that pregnancy was very unlikely and also potentially very dangerous to the mom. You should definitely ask your doc about these things.

Old 06-24-2004, 08:59 PM   #5
    Thisby
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Not exactly sure what you're asking us, jenn0911. Are you here because the ablation didn't completely cure your problem with pain? Is it any better at all? The ablation works for a lot of women, and it's a good solution (if it works) because you get to keep your parts and is way less drastic and invasive than a hysterectomy. You should discuss the continuing pain w/your doctor.

If you're wondering about pregnancy: getting pregnant after an ablation is just as possible as without one, but it is not recommended, in fact it can be dangerous because the zygote will try to attach itself to what's left of the uterous, which can't support it any more. It is very important to use birth control after an ablation. Basically, pregnancy is possible, but carrying it to term is very unlikely.

Old 06-25-2004, 11:19 AM   #6
    jojo64
    Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Yeah, what Thisby said is right. You will still ovulate and all that so you can still get pregnant, but the problem will be implantation.

Do you have endo? That could be causing your pain and the ablation won't help that.

Old 07-12-2004, 06:38 PM   #7
    jenn0911

jenn0911 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Had Endometrial ablation... still having problems

I go see my ob/gyn in September. I still have the pain I had stage 1 endometrosis so they did the abalation to remove the area with endo. They didn't destroy the whole lining. My question is should I still have the pain if they removed the problem......

Old 08-03-2004, 08:54 PM   #8
    jenn0911

jenn0911 HB User

I have stage 1 endo. That is why they told me I needed the ablation.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jojo64
    Yeah, what Thisby said is right. You will still ovulate and all that so you can still get pregnant, but the problem will be implantation.

Do you have endo? That could be causing your pain and the ablation won't help that.

Closed Thread