It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Smells/Sweat ?? HELP :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2004, 09:54 PM   #1
    badlilangel

badlilangel HB User
    Smells/Sweat ?? HELP :(

I feel like no matter what lotion/body wash/perfume I use, I just get sweaty a lot during the day and smell icky... maybe I am the only one that can smell it, but I HATE it. Whenever I handwash my bras in the sink they turn the water like... brown (makes me gag).. why am I so dirty/sweaty/smelly? I shower regularly/daily I try putting baby powder under my breasts (I am a D cup) because it tends to sweat there a lot, but that doesn't even help, it still gets smelly and very sweaty there. I don't really have B.O./armpit problems at all, just an overall sweaty person smell... and also it gets sweaty "down there" and I am really self concious about it because sometimes I get wiffs of it randomly throughout the day and it is not pleasant, I assume that if I can smell it, others can too..... what can I do?? Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2004, 10:40 AM   #2
    Platinum33
    Veteran
    (female)

Platinum33 HB User
    Re: Smells/Sweat ?? HELP :(

First of all, CHILL OUT!

Like you said yourself, sometimes, it could be that only you smell it. I know I, for one, can smell my body odor and I abosolutely HATE it because I think other people can smell it too, but I learned in college that that wasn't the case all of the time. I always took my showers at night, and one night the showers were all out of hot water, so I decided to wait until the morning, but I over slept. So I went through the day, and I did not smell at all. But that night I went to the gym. The heat just brought out the funk from the previous day, and the sweat from working out. I mad dashed straight to my room afterwards, avoiding everyone! But I couldn't get past my roommate. I was so embarrased at my stinch and I told her not to come near me. To humor herself, she did it anyway, and she said that she didn't smell anything...well her nose was half stuffy, so I still believed that the strong odor I smelt was being admitted into my surroundings. Just my luck, there were three of my hall mates out in the hall when I tried to dash for the shower, but of course my roommate had to blab about me thinking I stank, and so they tuned their noses in...and they didn't smell anything either. Needless to say, even though they didn't smell anything and thus care, but I did, and I still do!

I just thought that I'd share that with you to ease you mind, because I'm not sure if you've ever asked anyone about smelling what YOU smell. But if all of that stuff you tried hasn't worked, you may want to ask your doctor if your diet has something to do with it because everything you eat goes through your pores too, believe it or not. I'm not sure exactly which foods do the most damage, but I'm sure that garlic can give some people quite the stinch once you sweat it out.
    Baby Girl born June 4th @ 9:41pm

Old 07-27-2004, 10:56 PM   #3
    thinatheart

thinatheart HB User

I have the same problem (under my breasts). I have been told it is yeast. Try some of the yeast remedies, they do help (takes about 2 days). The generic stuff works just as well as the name brand. My problem flares up, I treat it, it goes away for unknown time frame, then starts all over. Maybe a dermatologist could give a stronger rx,but I find that for the less embarrassing treatment, try it yourself. If this doesn't help, see you doctor. (I also wear a Dcup, so its probably common in big busted women)

Old 07-28-2004, 06:13 PM   #4
    In a tree

In a tree HB User

Have you tried using antibacterial soap?

Old 07-28-2004, 06:56 PM   #5
    thinatheart

thinatheart HB User

Our family only uses antibacterial soap, it makes no difference. The remedy I use works for me. It usually only flares up 4-5 times a year, and most often in summer. The yeast love hot moist areas, and in summer (even bathing twice a day) sometimes you get sweaty in this area (especially if you are a D cup). My doctor says this is good if it works for me, and it does. The odor goes away as soon as you start treatment, and the rash is gone after second day usually.

Closed Thread