It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Cronic Bacterial Vaginosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2004, 03:34 PM   #1
    Dreamer555

Dreamer555 HB User
    Angry Cronic Bacterial Vaginosis

Hello, I can't get rid of my BV infection. I have been perscribed Metro..... (a common drug for this) I took it twice/day for 7 days and then they also tried giving me 4 pills all at once. Did not work!!! Has anyone else had a similar experience & how can I get rid of it??

Last edited by Dreamer555; 09-13-2004 at 02:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2004, 05:58 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Cronic Bacterial Vaginosis

Have you tried any cream type meds that you place directly into the vagina?My doc told me that there is pretty much no way to get rid of BV with oral meds, only by creams that are directly inserted into the vagina.I have been on Clindamycin for the last couple of days and already feel some relief from my symptoms.Hope you find relief soon.Marcia

Old 08-18-2004, 05:37 AM   #3
    LouiseLaws
    Veteran

LouiseLaws HB User

BV doesn't just need treatment to cure the infection but it needs the right bacterial balance back, it also needs you to insure good vaginal health - no soap, no tampons, no purfumes, talc, harsh washing powders, tight jeans, thongs, etc. anything chemicals around your vagina should be avoided, it may have been what sparked the infection to begin with and is certainly what is carrying it on.

Old 09-13-2004, 02:24 PM   #4
    Dreamer555

Dreamer555 HB User

I have taken oral meds and tried a cream called Metro...
    Neither one of which worked, I am now trying to balance my ph by taking something called primal defense. It can't hurt, I'm in constant pain...

Old 09-13-2004, 06:42 PM   #5
    cocoeyes
    Veteran
    (female)

cocoeyes HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dreamer555
    I have taken oral meds and tried a cream called Metro...
    Neither one of which worked, I am now trying to balance my ph by taking something called primal defense. It can't hurt, I'm in constant pain...
    I have taking both! And they both work for me. The oral is even the best because it is going through the entire system. Maybe you need to watch what you put up there from time to time. Like if you douche or something like that. Use an anti-bacterial soap before and after unprotected sex... Hope that works.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:38 PM   #6
    KristaB

KristaB HB User

No, no, no on the antibacterial soap! That's how my BV got started....it destroys the protective bacteria in the vagina which can actually lead to BV. Use a gentle soap like Dove instead.

Last edited by KristaB; 10-11-2004 at 09:23 AM.

Closed Thread