It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Endometrial Hyperplasia and Tubal Ligation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #1
    fantasyrain

fantasyrain HB User
    Lightbulb Endometrial Hyperplasia and Tubal Ligation

Hello everyone!

November 2002, I had a tubal ligation done after the birth of my third child. I had a c-section so it was easy to have it done then. Since then, my periods have become heavier, longer, clotty,severe cramping. In December of 2003 I actually burned my abdomen with a heating pad because my cramps were so horrible. Anyhow, I soon started bleeding in between my periods. I went to the doctor April 2004. I found out in May that I had two polyps which were removed in May (took care of the inbetween bleeding) and I was also told I had Endometrial Hyperplasia. I was put on Prometrium to shorten the length and amount of my period. I was also told that I would not clot anymore as the Prometrium would help with the buildup. Okay, four months later and I am still bleeding heavy, clotting, severe cramping. The only thing the Prometrium has done for me has thrown off when my period arrives, it now comes two weeks later than before I started the Prometrium. Anyhow, I am wondering if my Tubal Ligation has anything to do with my Endometrial Hyperplasia. It is my understanding from research that a side effect of a Tubal Ligation is reduced progesterone, so if my progesterone levels have decreased, my estrogen is up thus causing the Endometrial Hyperplasia. I go in tommorow to talk with a high risk doctor as I have made several attempts to get an appointment with my doctor but I can't get past his gaurd dogs So in frustration, I am going to talk with another doctor so maybe I can get my questions answered. I was just wondering though if anyone has heard of Endometrial Hyperplasia brought on by having a Tubal Ligation. Thanks a bunch for reading all this.

Janet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread