It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• endometrial ablation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-01-2004, 12:07 PM   #1
    goodmom
    (female)

goodmom HB User
    Question endometrial ablation

I'm having an endometrial ablation done (permanant burning off of the uterine lining). My constant bleeding could no longer be controlled with birth control pills. I have 2 kids and I'm fine with not having anymore. The quality of my life became compromised with this constant (and lately heavy) bleeding. Polyps are dense along the uterine lining and there are several small fibroids withing the uterine wall. I understand the ablation will only address the polyp issue, so I'm hoping they are the primary cause for my problems. I'll be under general anesthesia for about 40 minutes. (kind of scared of that part)

has anyone out there been through this and can offer some advice or insight from their personal story?

Goodmom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2004, 12:37 PM   #2
    IMCURN

IMCURN HB User
    Smile Re: endometrial ablation

Hey,
    Good luck.
    I had endometrial ablation done 2 weeks ago for heavy menstrual bleeding. My hgb had dropped below 9. My doc did biopsies, he said there were polyps and fibroids, and if the fibroids did not go all the way through the uterine wall, this should help. The preop nurse told me she had this done 11 months ago and has not had a period. I am loving the idea of no more periods without having to go through a hysterectomy yet. This was the perfect option for me, I've had a tubal, so won't be having anymore children.
    I was also worried about the whole anesthesia thing. Truthfully, the last thing I remember was being wheeled toward the OR, then I was awake, an hour later on my way home. I took Motrin a couple times that day and slept on and off all day and took naps the rest of the week. But I feel great. I wish I would have this done this years ago. (I'm 41). And if it turns out that the fibroids were all over my uterus and I have to have a hysterectomy, at least I'll have some time to prepare.
    Good luck

Old 10-23-2004, 10:18 PM   #3
    Swalk

Swalk HB User
    Re: endometrial ablation

I just had the balloon done yesterday, and the first day I was not in much pain... I was scared of the anesthesia but I was fine...
    look at my post about this too, alot of women posted on it
    good luck to you!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by goodmom
    I'm having an endometrial ablation done (permanant burning off of the uterine lining). My constant bleeding could no longer be controlled with birth control pills. I have 2 kids and I'm fine with not having anymore. The quality of my life became compromised with this constant (and lately heavy) bleeding. Polyps are dense along the uterine lining and there are several small fibroids withing the uterine wall. I understand the ablation will only address the polyp issue, so I'm hoping they are the primary cause for my problems. I'll be under general anesthesia for about 40 minutes. (kind of scared of that part)

has anyone out there been through this and can offer some advice or insight from their personal story?

Goodmom

Closed Thread