It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Finally A Bv Cure! Bacterial Vaginosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-31-2004, 11:00 AM   #16
    ladivapr
    Inactive

ladivapr HB User
    Re: Finally A Bv Cure! Bacterial Vaginosis

Yes sounds chilly to me too and I would be concerned of the good bacteria to be frozen lol. What I heard was just using a syringe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2005, 10:15 AM   #17
    Alex6657
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Alex6657 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dianna66
    There has got to be an alternative to the 'yogurt freezer-pop ' cure!

That just sounds a bit too chilly to me!
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. That's why I've never tried it.

Old 01-14-2005, 05:11 PM   #18
    alltaken
    (female)

alltaken HB User

What kind of yogurt? Seriously....I think I have bv and I'm not going to be able to see a Dr. until Monday at the earliest and it's only Friday night right now.....

Does it really work? I'm sure it's just a temporary thing if it does. I have another question.... can bv take up to 2 months to show up after having sex with like a new boyfriend?

Old 01-14-2005, 06:04 PM   #19
    Sugar64
    (female)

Sugar64 HB User

I would think it would be any kind of yogurt with active and live cultures in it, although I'd feel a little strange using strawberry yogurt! Do you use plain yogurt, seriously. Can the applicator from any vaginal medication be used, like an empty YI treatment applicator? And does it have to be frozen? Just wondering....

Old 01-14-2005, 07:43 PM   #20
    alltaken
    (female)

alltaken HB User

I have no idea, but that's an interesting home remedy anyway...if it does work. I always know what I smell like down there, and it's never bad - ever. So this needs to be fixed, fast, because I can't stand it!

Old 01-15-2005, 01:12 PM   #21
    Alex6657
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Alex6657 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sugar64
    I would think it would be any kind of yogurt with active and live cultures in it, although I'd feel a little strange using strawberry yogurt! Do you use plain yogurt, seriously. Can the applicator from any vaginal medication be used, like an empty YI treatment applicator? And does it have to be frozen? Just wondering....
    It should be plain yogurt. It doesn't have to be frozen, that's just a way of making it easier and less messy to insert. I would imagine a YI treatment applicator would be fine to use also.

If you don't want to insert yogurt into your body it is also helpful if you eat yogurt. I think one of those single serving cups daily helps to treat and prevent yeast infections...it should work for BV too. If you don't really like yogurt as it is then try making a shake out of it with chocolate milk (that's really good! yum-yum). I'm not a big yogurt fan, myself, but there are a couple of brands that I don't mind. Astro is one of the best b/c it has active acidophilus and bifidus cultures.

Last edited by Alex6657; 01-15-2005 at 01:13 PM. Reason: corrections

Old 01-15-2005, 02:56 PM   #22
    Sugar64
    (female)

Sugar64 HB User

Thanks for the information. I just bought a big container of vanilla yogurt, and first I'm going to try EATING a cup of it every day, then maybe the other yogurt treatment...lol. I'm also thinking of adding the acidophilus tablets to my vitamin regimen.

Old 01-16-2005, 05:56 AM   #23
    alltaken
    (female)

alltaken HB User

Yeah same here...thanks for the info ImagineLennon. I am going today and getting some yogurt.

Old 01-16-2005, 08:58 AM   #24
    Alex6657
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Alex6657 HB User

Hey, no problem. I hope it's helpful. I've heard that taking acidophilus capsules is also helpful in treating and preventing. I've also tried that.

None of it really worked all that well for me b/c my problem is not yi or bv. I just have dermatitis on the skin of the labia...it is horribly itchy and feels kind of dry even when it really isn't. There's a lot of redness, but I don't have any unusual odours. So I just use my cream (Viaderm) when I itch and it's better.

Good luck, alltaken and Sugar64. I hope it works out for you. I have had yeast infections and know how horrible those are! Dermatitis is no fun either, so I don't imagine BV is any joy.

Old 01-17-2005, 05:55 AM   #25
    alltaken
    (female)

alltaken HB User

One last question ImagineLennon....

...is the yogurt just a temporary fix, so eventually you will have to go see your GYN? Well I guess that's probably going to be different for everyone right? Thanks again!

Old 01-18-2005, 08:06 PM   #26
    Alex6657
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Alex6657 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by alltaken
    One last question ImagineLennon....

...is the yogurt just a temporary fix, so eventually you will have to go see your GYN? Well I guess that's probably going to be different for everyone right? Thanks again!
    I'm not sure how long it lasts, but it probably depends on how susceptible you are to such infections. If you tend to get a lot of them I would imagine you would have to treat yourself more often and eventually see your gyn if they keep coming back. But I think if you eat yogurt on a regular basis it might be a bit longer lasting. And you're right, everyone's different. It's worth a try at any rate, just to see if it helps at all.

Good luck, I hope it does help.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:36 PM   #27
    Soar
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Soar HB User
    Arrow Re: Finally A Bv Cure! Bacterial Vaginosis

I am glad this thread is active.... I am having some bv issues, as well. I have gone to the doc--and used all of the creams, pills, etc.... they may work but i probably just get reinfected by my fiance. hmmmm My doc says there is no need to treat him b/c most of the time it does not help...I dunno. i love yogurt--and I am going to eat 2 cups a day cuz i really wanna kill this darn bacteria for good. Arghhhh!!!!!! What about bee propalis??---Anyone have success with them? Let me know!!! Thanks!!!

Old 01-18-2005, 10:38 PM   #28
    Soar
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Soar HB User
    Question Re: Finally A Bv Cure! Bacterial Vaginosis

By the way...if i do decide to do the treatment--the yogurt popsicle how many days in a row do I repeat this and how much yogurt per tampon insertion??

Old 01-19-2005, 09:23 PM   #29
    Alex6657
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Alex6657 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Soar
    By the way...if i do decide to do the treatment--the yogurt popsicle how many days in a row do I repeat this and how much yogurt per tampon insertion??
    My guess would be to fill the tampon applicator as much as you can and use it for seven nights (as some YI treatments are 7-day...). I'm only guessing, though, b/c that information was never passed on to me by the friend I heard all the other stuff from.

Try the eating first, though...won't be quite so chilly . Good luck!

Old 01-20-2005, 04:29 PM   #30
    alltaken
    (female)

alltaken HB User

I went to see my GYN yesterday morning, and I started last night with the treatment. I insert gel before bed for 5 nights. I had this prob. about 6 years ago and it was a b*tch to get rid of. I had it for like almost a whole year, battling it back and forth. I hope this time it won't be like that, b/c it made me super self-conscious and I felt so unhappy.

There may be some good news coming in the future about the treatment for bv my GYN told me. She said there may be a pill coming out that you take one time and it clears it up. She said she was still inquiring about it, but hadn't heard anything more about it.

Closed Thread