It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Ruptured Ovarian Cyst

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #16
    MzPrincessReina
    (female)

MzPrincessReina HB User
    Re: Ruptured Ovarian Cyst

I had a cyst a few years back it gave me so much pain I went to er. They told me the same as every one of you. My mom also had cysts when she was younger and they operated on hers, the er doctor told me that they no longer treat cysts that way because they are so common and not life threating in most cases , they just give us pain killers and send us home, to wait for it it dissolve or burst. And yes cysts do cause bowel problems. for me it hurt more to make a bowel movement than to urinate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2006, 04:52 PM   #17
    denise2434
    (female)

denise2434 HB User
    Exclamation Re: Ruptured Ovarian Cyst

I'm so glad to find this thread! On December 13th I woke up to a horrible pain in my abdomen, I had hubby take me to the ER and they diagnosed me with bladder spasms…they gave me those little brown pills that change the color of your urine (can’t think of the name at the moment.) and sent me home. By the end of the evening I was in such pain I didn’t think I was going to make it! Hubby rushed me back to the ER, where I got from the nurse “Well, you didn't give the medicine time to work" HUH?!?! Lady, there is something wrong with me other than bladder spasms! I could barely speak I was in such pain, The DR came in and ordered a CT, they found an ovarian cyst twice the size of my ovary that had ruptured. They gave me Lortab and told me there was not much else they could do. So my question to you guys is…it’s been well over 2 weeks and I’m still in pain. Is that normal? My abdomen doesn’t hurt like it first did when it happened, but my lower back hurts me so badly now!!! I feel sick to my stomach all the time also. I’m really starting to get a little freaked out over this. I felt perfectly fine before this happened, I have felt awful every since. I went to my family DR. and she was like “You should be over the cyst in about 3 days and you’re just having a backache.” I told her that I didn’t have any back problems before this happen and she said “You must have hurt it at the same time as your cyst ruptured.” I was sooo mad at her so my friend suggested that I go to her family DR and get his opinion. He said that since the cyst was quite large it’s probably still leaking and settling in my pelvic area. Does that sound right to you guys? Why is it taking me so long to get over this?? I don’t think I can take much more!! Thanks for listening and sharing your stories!!

Last edited by denise2434; 01-01-2007 at 06:12 AM.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:56 AM   #18
    smalltowngirlusa
    (female)

smalltowngirlusa HB User
    Unhappy Re: Ruptured Ovarian Cyst

Your experiece is nearly a mirror image of mine Denise. On Jan. 5, 2007 I experienced SEVERE abdominal pain, after 4 hours and it continuing to get worse I went to ER. I have "suspected" that I have had ovarian cysts rupture on and off for the last couple of years but after a half hour or so the INTENSE pain would go away. My stomach would be tender for a couple of days after this but I could continue my regular activities. WELL, this time, OMG...I have NEVER felt so much pain. It was 10 times worse than natural childbirth, you can't put it into words. Anyway, away pain medication I was sent to CT and they determined a large ovarian cyst ruptured on the right side. They also found a 3cm cyst on the left ovary. The doctor estimates the right cyst was 4 to 5 times bigger than the 3cm cyst. I was kept overnight at the hospital (we have NO health insurance, YIPPEE ), IV's were place for hydration and major antibiotics were given through them. The pain from the fluid in my stomach was SO bad I could hardly take a deep breath. It hurt to cough, laugh (which was hard to do at the time PERIOD), and when I threw up I nearly passed out it hurt SO much. I was put on a pain pump which ended up a nightmare because I believe the IV went through the vein and it BURNED so bad I was terrified to use it. We went back to oral meds when I could not take it any more. From the time I went to ER (5:30pm) to 7am the next morning I lost over 3 grams of blood. The cyst had a vessel that was involved and it was continuing to bleed. My Doctor decided to do more blood work 5 hours later to see if I was continuing to lose blood, if it continued surgery was inevitible. The count went down just alittle 5 hours later....he decided to do another at 7pm that evening. That would determine surgery or not. The count leveled out. Dr. figured bleeding had stopped. Still in terrible pain because of all the free fluid....but I was wanting to do home. Dr. said fluid would be absorbed by body but it would take awhile. He wants me to have an US done in 2 months to see how the left cyst is progressing. WELL, I am in terrible pain STILL. I "THINK" the left cyst has gotten bigger......I have terrible pressure in my lower abdomen, it hurts to have a bowel movement (I have normal ones BUT I have sharp, crampy pains) the pressure "down there" is horrible~it hurts to even sit sometimes. I don't know if the cyst is leaking or what. I almost wish it would just RUPTURE so I could get this pain over with. The sad thing is that these cysts CAN come back EVERY single month and cause these problems! All women get the cysts every month when they ovulate BUT some of us tend to develop LARGE ones that cause problems. YEAH for us hey?? My Dr. said it is VERY rare for them to get as large as the one I had, he sees it MAYBE once or twice a year. My pain goes down my legs, in lower back, up to shoulders. Nothing is comfortable. I guess I am just venting but I think it is EXTREMELY important for us to know we are not "alone" in our suffering. I guess I play the waiting game and see what happens....In the mean time I wait for more bills to come in from the first hospital stay........they are already over $10,000.00. Does anyone else CONTINUE to feel pain this long after an IDENTIFIED rupture?? Does it hurt anyone else to have a BM?? I think I am getting DEPRESSED about ALL of this......I just can't stand the pain. Thanks for reading if you've made it this far.......I know I rambled. I wish PAIN FREE days to all of you. God Bless~

Closed Thread