It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• adhesions, no surgery!?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-28-2004, 10:41 AM   #1
    MaggiesFarm
    (female)

MaggiesFarm HB User
    adhesions, no surgery!?

hi well, last week i had an ovarian cyst removed, and my doc. took a bunch of pictures of my insides, he was suprised to discover that i have adhesions... my stomach and intestines are stuck together, this is a common issue for people who have had surgery, but he was suprised because before this day i had never had any sort of surgery, so, my question is, does anyone know any possible reasons for adhesions to exist if you haven't had surgery, i have been researching this, but i was wondering if there was any condition, etc. i should look into just to be cautious, i am sure i am fine, but it's good to be aware thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2004, 12:54 PM   #2
    jazzz29

jazzz29 HB User
    Re: adhesions, no surgery!?

I just had a laparoscopy and had an adhesion. My doctor was very surprised as well but had no explanation for its cause. I do have adenomyosis and the adhesion was from my uterus to my large intestine. I am going to be watching this post. I would like to know a reason for the adhesion, also.

Old 10-29-2004, 08:07 AM   #3
    MaggiesFarm
    (female)

MaggiesFarm HB User

yeah, i have done internet searches but most say surgery, some suggest stomach cancer, or underlying "infection" but there isn't really a lot of information, and i don't believe stomach cancer in my case is what's going on...

Old 10-29-2004, 08:37 AM   #4
    billsmrs

billsmrs HB User

I have had adhesions too and that was before I had any surgeries. She found it during a laparascope.

I wonder if having kids makes any difference?
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

Old 10-30-2004, 01:38 AM   #5
    A Miracle

A Miracle HB User

i was recently diagnosed with a bowel malrotation and had to undergo emergency surgery...part of the surgical procedure was a lysis of adhesions. prior to this, i have never had any surgeries or problems with my bowels or any other organs, so I don't know how I had adhesions. I have been trying to find more information on it as well, but everything that I find is related to post-operative situations.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:49 AM   #6
    MaggiesFarm
    (female)

MaggiesFarm HB User

well, i just had my postoperative check up and my dr. said that the adhesions seem very old, and that i may have had appendicitis when i was a child and got over by myself, the swelling of the appendix could have caused this,,, but i am still curious as to other reasons for having them without having had surgery.

Old 11-01-2004, 04:11 PM   #7
    jazzz29

jazzz29 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by billsmrs
    I have had adhesions too and that was before I had any surgeries. She found it during a laparascope.

I wonder if having kids makes any difference?
    I haven't had children.

Closed Thread