It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Testing to see what causes miscarriage?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-02-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
    beanie_1122
    Veteran
    (female)

beanie_1122 HB User
    Testing to see what causes miscarriage?

HI, I'm stopping here to ask a few questions...Wasn't real sure where to post this so I decided this would be the best spot. Anyhow, I just suffered from my 2nd miscarriage on Dec 15th 2004 since this was my 2nd one my ob.gyn wants to do some testing on me caz he feels there is something wrong. My first miscarriage was Dec 17th 1998. I then had a pretty good pregnancy with no major complications and delivered my son on Nov 22nd 1999. Everything is just fine with him and I'm so thankful for that, but I was just kind of wondering if anyone has experience a miscarriage, then a healthy pregnancy then another miscarriage, then another healthy pregnancy without having something wrong with them? Deep inside I feel that there was just something wrong with the 2 babies I lost and god knew it was for the best for him to take them and I have high hope that there is nothing wrong with me. My 1st miscarriage I was only around 6 weeks pregnant with my 2nd miscarriage I thought I was only 10 weeks 3 days, but I got a paper in the mail the other day that said I was 14 weeks. And if anyone has gone thru testing to find out the causes of miscarriage what all did you have to go thru? My ob/gyn said he'll start out with just alot of blood work then go from there, but what else should I expect to follow after all the blood work? Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2005, 01:16 PM   #2
    mandeline04

mandeline04 HB User
    Re: Testing to see what causes miscarriage?

First of all i just want to say how sorry i am for you having the miscarriages, i've never had one myself, but i just couldn't imagine what it'd be like, and i've seen several people go through the same thing. I don't really understand a lot about it myself but i'm like you, maybe it was just God's work and he was doing what was best for you and the baby. Sometime's people just have a harder time getting pregnant and carrying a child than others. I've had a few people in my family have the same problems. One had the hardest time gettin gpregnant and had miscarriages....then did all the tests like you sound like your doctor might do, ended up having to go on fertility drugs to get pregnant to find out she was having twins!!!....she had no problems after that, and she is now pregnant and this time had no problems, had to take no meds or anything! So it doesn't really make sense to me....just thought i'd let you know what i thought about it, and best of luck...i have a daughter myself & i know just what a blessing children can be!

Old 01-04-2005, 09:23 PM   #3
    beanie_1122
    Veteran
    (female)

beanie_1122 HB User
    Re: Testing to see what causes miscarriage?

Thanks for your reply!!! I'm tryin to keep high hopes, but I"ll know in a few more weeks what the testing reveals.

Closed Thread