It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Bad Breath has changed my personality: Part 3

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-21-2005, 02:31 PM   #61
    peachpit

peachpit HB User
    Re: Bad Breath has changed my personality: Part 3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Diggler
    . I also, suffer from a clicking in my ears when i swallow, which i think is a related problem.
    I have this bad, the clicking in my ears when I swallow. I also have that fullness feeling and need to clear my ears constantly, like going up a hill or riding in an airplane. When this problem started is when my bb started, don't know if it was the cause or all the medication that the doctors tried for it was the cause.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2005, 02:40 PM   #62
    Thanatos86
    (male)

Thanatos86 HB User

Noreaga,

I'm pretty sure it's my breath. She doesn't talk much either (much, much less than I do). She's usually alone. That's one of the reasons why I was attracted to her.

Before my smelling my breath, she would respond to all of my advancements. Several times we would walk with eachother during work and she would just walk next to me, stare and keep smiling. She would also position herself for me to run into her constantly. After my breath, all that ended.

I have two other girls at work who have made it clear that they want to get involved with me. One keeps calling me up saying "Do you have a girlfriend? I'm so jealous". The other keeps asking me if I have a girlfriend and if she could have an application. I'm pretty good friends with the former (helped her move, she tells me too many of her secrets, etc) & the latter has become angry with me for ignoring her.

Maybe I approached the girl wrong, but I'm certain she smelled my breath a while back. I was hoping she didn't but the very next day for weeks she began avoiding me. There have been several signs prior to me asking her out that should have brought up the red flag.

I just should have let it go when she started ignoring me. That's common sense right there. I was way too nervous asking her out though.

You and Pluto seem to have success with women even with bad breath. One girl I know I could be with, but I don't love her. The breath thing really reduces prospects.

Last edited by Thanatos86; 01-21-2005 at 03:59 PM.

Old 01-21-2005, 04:59 PM   #63
    ShroudedInMist
    (male)

ShroudedInMist HB User

Sorry to hear that, Thanatos... It is a sad situation, when a girl is trying to get your attention, and because of your BB you gotta ignore her. I know, been there.

Could my breath be mostly sinus-based? I mean right now I have a bit of flu, and I feel my breath is much worse than usually... If I wipe my gums or teeth with my finger, it doesn't have any kind of bad smell...

Old 01-21-2005, 06:16 PM   #64
    Thanatos86
    (male)

Thanatos86 HB User

I can't give up though. I had a girlfriend once, I can do it again. I just feel moronic right now. lol

Old 01-21-2005, 07:05 PM   #65
    olivia33
    (female)

olivia33 HB User

Diggler:
    Here's some info for your research project: I have constant mild stuffiness in the sinuses, get sinus pressure & headaches maybe twice a month, have allergies (dust, mold, pollen, animals) and asthma. I have post nasal drip and was getting tonsil stones but nasal flushes have improved both. I also have white coated tongue which only clears up with clean/green diet. I suspect all are related, anxious to hear your theory.

Last edited by olivia33; 01-21-2005 at 07:10 PM.

Old 01-22-2005, 04:30 AM   #66
    Diggler
    (male)

Diggler HB User

olivia, thanks

I have sinus problems, PND, thick stuffiness (no runny nose problems), and have always put it down to allergies. Now i'm thinking allergies aren't the case.

I went to see my doctor about my sinus problems and she said it wasnt rhinitis (which my previous doctor had diagnosed). So she gave me some antibiotics (in case of infection) and told me to change my rhintis medication just in case.

The antibiotics and new nasal sprays had no effect. I'm going to go back to see her when i get the time off work to tell her the results.

What I'm thinking now is that my sinus problems are a results of damaged cilia in my mucus system (and that my mucus system in general is not working properly). Thus causing my thick sticky unmovable mucus, causing my constant blocked noses.

Also, PND is a result of less mucus (and not more). If the mucus is being prodcued and moved properly, it just goes down the throat without us noticing. WHen there is less mucus it gets 'stuck' on the way down and collects in the throat (i.e. PND).

Whether or not this is related to bb I'm unsure. I believe i have much milder bb than most people on here, and a lot of the time its psychological more than anything (but not always, i know for sure).

At the moment im looking into getting my sinuses sorted (whether its a deep infection or damaged cilia/mucus system). Going to see the doctor when i get time to hear her opinion.

Any opinions about this would be welcome.

Thanatos, ShroudedInMist, or any other regular posters, please can you tell me of any sinus troubles you have, particularly in relation to thick, stuffy nostrils.

Thanks.

Old 01-22-2005, 06:25 AM   #67
    Thanatos86
    (male)

Thanatos86 HB User

At least one of my nostrils is always slightly stuffed, but I don't feel any PND

I just got and email from Jeffeory Hillman. This guy is not in the business of treating hailtosis, but his knowledge seems to be more helpful than those who are in the business of treating halitosis. Not only that, he did some research to help answer some of my questions.

Seems like a stand-up guy.

One of his products should be hitting the European market next year. He said it might help with halitosis.

He also said he has received thousads of email from halitosis sufferers and is aware of our dilema.

Old 01-22-2005, 06:45 AM   #68
    Honza

Honza HB User

Well Diggler, one of my nostrils also seems to be clogged all the time, the air seems to pass through it though, but not as well as throug the other nostril. I've been to 2 different ENTs with my breath and obviously told them about the one-nostril-worse breathing and I was always diagnosed to have chronic rhinitis (along with chronic, slightly atrophic pharyngitis). Some mucus also seems to get stuck in my throat, because always when I gargle Cosodyl (sorry for the details, has pinkish color), if I gargle as back to my throat as possible, I gargle out a chunk of mucus (with corsodyl it has reddish-purple color).

By the way, today is my doomsday. I have to meet the girl I wrote you all about before (I had a few strolls in a park with her). She wrote me an SMS that she wants to meet with me today and obviously I wanted to delay the meeting as much as possible and to lie my way out of meeting her by saying that I have time, but later in the evening, hoping that she has no time by then. And guess what, SHE HAS. Gosh how stupid I am! I should have written her something different, now I have to meet her. I had a heartburn today and bad taste in my mouth as well, I'll have to gargle Corsodyl for at least 4 minutes... It is a suicide to meet her, but it looks like I have no choice...

Last edited by Honza; 01-22-2005 at 08:54 AM.

Old 01-22-2005, 08:47 AM   #69
    ShroudedInMist
    (male)

ShroudedInMist HB User

Honza, I hope it is going to work out just fine! I'll keep my fingers crossed here...

And to Diggler; I have PND, so I have to swallow a lot, and I also have to clear my throat pretty often. There is constantly some stuff in my nostrils too, I have to breathe trough my mouth when I sleep. I mean I can breathe trough my nose, but not very well. I have also pollen allergy, and I am allergic to many fruits also. And yes, there is also that white coating in the back of my tongue...

Old 01-22-2005, 03:09 PM   #70
    denny33
    Inactive
    (female)

denny33 HB User

It's 11pm saturday night and i am sitting here wondering when this total nightmare will end..i got invited out tonight and turned it down (again!) because i just couldnt face the embarassment of this problem, couldnt face having to talk close to someone else because the music is too loud , order a drink at the bar, nothing!

I hate my life

Old 01-22-2005, 03:51 PM   #71
    Thanatos86
    (male)

Thanatos86 HB User

Good luck Honza. I think she has to find out sooner or later so that she can make the choice. No matter what the outcome, at least you tried.

Denny, that sucks. Worst of all, they think we're stuck up for not accepting invitation. They know we have bad breath, so what's up with them inviting us only to offend them after two glasses of beer?

Last edited by Thanatos86; 01-22-2005 at 04:06 PM.

Old 01-22-2005, 05:51 PM   #72
    Godisgood

Godisgood HB User

Diggler
    When I'm not on a detox diet...I wake up with at least one nostril completely blocked...but the sec I get up and move around that blocked sensation disappears. I constantly have that sliding feeling in the back of my throat...but the mucous isn't thick or green or anything...it clear and semi-thick...and I'm constanlty spitting and clearing my throat. but when I'm in class or clincal...I'm not able to spit so I have to swallow(thats a lot o swallowing..lol).

Someone mentioned bad taste...I really don't have a bad taste in my mouth ever since I cleared out my tonsils ball early last summer. It makes it even worse because I don't know when my breath is really bad. That back of the throat sour taste almost disappeared...but he odor remained...thats why I think that having my tonsils removed wont helped. But I'v recently noticed that when I started digging around in the tonsil slits...they started to bleed so bad...no pain..just a lot of blood. And my right tonsil is slighty bigger then the other...and I can feel the right one when I swallow.

Thantos...
    I'm soo sorry you had to go thru that...Thank God for this board..where you are able to vent. I feel soo bad for all of us...and I pray that there will be a cure soon. But thantos I count you as lucky...because you and a lot of people on this board dont' have horrible BO...like i do!
    Did that doggy mouthwash come yet?

I hope that one day everyone on this board could all get together and really support each other.

Has anyone dug aroung their tonsils for those balls...and if so... did they bleed? Please answer.

Old 01-22-2005, 05:55 PM   #73
    Thanatos86
    (male)

Thanatos86 HB User

The doggy mouthwash (lol) didn't come yet.

I think I'm more humiliated at the way I approached this girl. I don't even know what to think anymore.

Having the BO with BB is more difficult. It's strange, though. HOw can it be possible? What's coming out of the pores or glands that smell?

Old 01-23-2005, 03:58 AM   #74
    ShroudedInMist
    (male)

ShroudedInMist HB User

What is this candida-thing anyway? Is is somekind of yeast? I made a test; the first thing in the morning, I scraped that stuff from my tongue into a glass of water. After 24 h the stuff was on the bottom of the glass, but there was nothing else growing there... And the water had the smell of sewer... I recall reading something of a test like that from here, but I probably didn't do it correctly.

Old 01-23-2005, 07:37 AM   #75
    denny33
    Inactive
    (female)

denny33 HB User

shroudedinmist...you did do the test a little wrong.

First thing in the morn get a glass of water,clear glass, work up a spit in your mouth and then SPIT into the water. Leave it for up to an hour and see what it looks like. If the water is clear then fine, but if it is cloudy and the spit has grown legs, or if there are bits floating at the bottom then you could have candida (yeast overgrowth in the body) you'd be suprised at the amount of problems with the body that is caused by candida.

Thanks than, i was feeling pretty low last night , gets to you after a while. People that havent got this problem dont know how it feels and how it retricts your life. They take the simple things like going out for a drink with friends for granted, for me its a ritual of brushing,flossing,scraping,spraying and then holding my breath for most of the night. I hate it. I hate what its turned me into. Im a fun person, i love to laugh out loud and enjoy myself but i cant, i cant be me and it hurts.

Last edited by denny33; 01-23-2005 at 07:41 AM.

Closed Thread