It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• recurrent yeast infections?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-13-2005, 10:48 AM   #16
    starlet32079
    (female)

starlet32079 HB User
    Re: recurrent yeast infections?

Oh thank you so much, both of you. I am so greatful that someone hears and understands how this feels and how frustrating this is. I will ask the doctor to check on my hormones and see if they are normal or not. I will post back and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Starlet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2005, 10:53 AM   #17
    BeingThin
    (female)

BeingThin HB User

Please do that Starlet and let us know! Good luck hon.

I am looking for an endocronolgist myself to see if maybe I developed diabetes and that's why I have the yeast infection. You never know. I had gestational diabetes during my pregnancy 4 years ago so maybe I got a full blown one. Who knows. Please follow up and let us know ok?

Old 07-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #18
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

Beingthin - do check on the diabetes, it won't hurt!

Startlet, yes please let us know about your doctor visit.

Jackie

Old 07-13-2005, 03:38 PM   #19
    HELLASRULES
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

HELLASRULES HB UserHELLASRULES HB User

Hey Starlit, The thing that concerns me is the breast discharge. It can happen for no reason, but other things also can cause it. Have you had you pituitary function checked? The pituitary is all part of the hormone system and if there is a problem, it can also cause odd symptoms, like weight gain, breast discharge, headaches, etc.
    I don't know if it can cause the yeast infection, but always good to have your doctor check things out thoroughly.
    Hope as is well.

Old 07-20-2005, 11:18 AM   #20
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Starlet, I have been waiting all week to be able to find out how your appt went. What did you find out?

Jackie

Old 07-20-2005, 09:42 PM   #21
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

The last time I had a yeast infection I got a tip that if I use a blow dryer after I shower to make sure it's very dry down there that would help. I do it every day after I shower. I just turn it on high and a cool setting and move everything around and out of the way so the entire area gets very dry. Then if I get sweaty for any reason like walking in 95 degree heat I also use the blow dryer down there. I actually started to get a yeast infection from sitting so long at work and it was too hot for a few days and it caused to much moisture for too long and I didn't even have to use the monistat or diflucan this time like I always had to in the past I just used the blow dryer. Sounds funny but it worked for me.

Old 07-21-2005, 01:55 PM   #22
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

I would like to share some tips for those with yeast problems. I have been the "yeast queen" for 50 years.

Wear 100% cotton panties.
    Wear loose clothes, no tight jeans, etc. Air needs to circulate.
    Use hair dryer to keep area dry.
    Wear toilet paper pads to keep moisture wicked away from skin.
    Wear paper pads close and let buttocks be clothespin to help keep in place.
    Change paper pads every time use bathroom or when get hot/sweaty.
    Carry paper pads in purse and have handy. Restroom paper is not clean.
    Apply Nystatin Cream (prescription) morning and night as preventative.
    Apply Nystatin cream outside, travel inside then on back and slightly inside anus. (This creates a nice barrier to prevent yeast travelling from the back to the front. Yeast is normal in the colon.)
    Never sit on public toilets.
    If sexually active make sure both use soap/water to cleanse good before. Yeast is normal on the skin and will be moved into area you don't want it to be.

Ahhhhh....what relief finally after all those years of misery!!!

Last edited by Misty800; 07-21-2005 at 01:58 PM.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:52 AM   #23
    shmal
    (female)

shmal HB User

Well I was coming here to post the same exact ?.The only difference is that 9 months ago I had a hysterectomy and some other surgery "there". but ever since I keep getting these darn infections.I wonder if there is some connection to the operation and recovery .(the Dr. that did surgery didn't completely take care of all of my problems down below so now I need another one...)Good luck.and feel better.....

Old 07-22-2005, 09:48 AM   #24
    starlet32079
    (female)

starlet32079 HB User

okay everyone,
    So I went to the doctor last Friday and the doctor told me that he thinks I have a sleep disorder. Tell me how does this even relate to a yeast infection. He wants me to have a sleep study done. He did a pap and by the time I had my appt with him the infection was gone. I have lost 8 more pounds and am so confused right now about what he is thinking.
    I was dx with CFS by another doctor a few months ago and my doc thinks that it is a crock. That is why he thinks I have a sleep disorder. But right now I just want to deal with why I keep getting yeast infections. I have been checked for diabetes and thyroid problems both are negitive. I told him about the pressure I was feeling in my pelvic area and the hot flashes and he didn't even check for lumps or any abnormalities. Just did the swab.
    He has been my doc since I was about 7 yrs old but latley I am begining to think I should change doctors.
    Jackie, I found out nothing. I told him I would be in to show him how bad these things are when I get the next one and then he can tell me that it is nothing. I am really upset that he didn't take it a bit more seriously. But I guess men have no clue how it feels to have cuts, fissures, itching, burning and nasty discharge. Women really have to put up with alot don't we.
    A family friend of ours had suggested me having a ANA test done to rule out autoimmune diseases because my mom, g'ma, and aunt all have them. When I suggested it to him he shrugged it off and said I don't think that is the problem. He is also the one that told my mother the same thing and had her undergo a arm sugery just to find out that her arm pain was caused by a autoimmune disease (multiple Sclerosis).
    Sorry for rambling but I am so frustrated right now. I am upset that I have to pay 25% of a worthless doc visit. Should I get another Doctor?
    Any suggestions? Thanks for listening everyone.

Starlet

Old 07-22-2005, 11:11 AM   #25
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

HI Starlet!

Honey, by all means change doctors! Please find one that will listen to you, and take you seriously. I still think your symptoms sound like perimenopause - even though you are only 27! The hot flashes, pelvic pressure and the recurrent yeast infections. That sounds exactly what I went through and still do at times. I know you are frustrated, who wouldn't be?

Jackie

Old 07-22-2005, 06:48 PM   #26
    harley1231
    (female)

harley1231 HB User

Your symptoms may be nothing but could be something more serious! Please Keep us updated as to what you find out!

Last edited by harley1231; 04-21-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:40 PM   #27
    starlet32079
    (female)

starlet32079 HB User

Thank you so much all of you, I am so glad that I have got so much feedback from you all. I very rarly even get 2 replies when I ask a question.
    I think that I am going to make a appt with the head doc at our clinic and see where that goes. Then I am going to do some research into a good gyno.
    I have had the check for bacterial infection and STD's but there are so many unanswered questions. We pay the doctors, I wish some of them would do their jobs better.
    I think right now I am right on the verge of getting another yeast infection. I can feel the little rips starting again. They hurt so badly.
    You know something that is so strange. I have two little girls and they have both had yeast infections also and my 4 year old has had one behind her ears since she was born and I have never been able to fully get rid of it.
    Our bodies are so wierd sometimes. Well once this yeast infection is full blown I am going to show up at the doctors office and have someone document it. Maybe I should have been doing that all along. I just hate wasting money on a worthless doc visit.

Thank you all so much I will keep you posted!

Starlet

Old 07-23-2005, 06:06 AM   #28
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Good for you Starlet! I know this has to be driving you crazy! I just thought I had a yeast infection this week myself, as I'm on my third round of antibiotics for a absess tooth, but I got the diflucan filled, but by that night I didn't even feel like I had it. Still don't I guess I was just irritated by something. Did you say that the tears on on the outside or the inside? That is so strange, as I've never heard of anything like that before. You definitely need a good gyno, sweetie. Please get one as soon as possible, ok?

Jackie

Old 07-23-2005, 07:31 AM   #29
    starlet32079
    (female)

starlet32079 HB User

Jackie,
    The tears are on the outside and sometimes they get so bad the the skin from each side of my vaginal opening (labia) sticks together and then when I urinate it burns like H***. Thanks Jackie for all of your support.

Starlet

Old 07-23-2005, 08:10 AM   #30
    littlejmb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Starlet, you are very welcome. I am very perplexed as to what this is though! Please go to the doctor when it is like this, so they can see what is happening, ok? Urine has alot of acid content, so that is why it burns so bad. Have you tried using fragrence free laundry detergent and dryer sheets? I have to do that, or I get irritated down there too. Unscented toilet paper is a must for me also! You don't want anything that has perfume in it coming into contact with your genital area.

Jackie

Closed Thread