It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• recurrent yeast infections?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-16-2005, 08:44 AM   #46
    eloise21
    (female)

eloise21 HB User
    Re: recurrent yeast infections?

i dont know if anyone listens to love line but last night they had a caller who said she had been suffering from yeast infections for 8 months and she said that she was on the boric acid inserts twice a day. dr. drew said that there are different types of candida (which is yeast) and that the doctors office should take a sample of the yeast from her vagina and find out exactly what type of yeast it is and then treat it. he said there were many types of candida just like there are many types of bacteria and to really treat the yeast, you need to know what type of yeast it is. most of the inserts that the docs give us are general yeast killers thats why they dont always work. also he mentioned (which i thought was very interesting) that there has been an outbreak of very strong yeast that has become immune to the medicines because our doctors are so quick to give us a lot of yeast inserts. he said that just like new stronger bacteria is developing because of all the anti-bacterial stuff we use today, so is developing stronger and more resistant yeast so many yeast infections today are becoming harder and harder to get rid of. the yeast is becoming more resistant because of all the medicine we are taking regularly. i myself have been having a yeast infection on and off for about 4 months and difflucan does not work anymore for me. it does nothing. just thought you guys would be interested to hear what i heard on the radio last night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 09:25 PM   #47
    starlet32079
    (female)

starlet32079 HB User

Hey everyone.
    I know I have not posted in a while but I have been really busy. Well I have some good and bad news about the yeast infections...I haven't had one for a month, but the trade off I guess was that I have had my period for 22 days now. I don't know which one is worse cramps and back pain and the inconvenience (sp?) or the ichy burning and cuts. At this point I don't know what to think I either laugh or cry. My husband asked me the other day ..."why have you been in such a bad mood latley?" I know he was asking honestly but I just wanted to smack him up side his head and say well if you were bleeding for 22 days you would be in a bad mood too.
    Has this ever happened to any of you? Thanks for all of you suggestions. All of the new ones that I have heard I am going to try if the yeastie beasties come back again. I would also like to try the boric acid and see how that goes. I will talk with the doctor.

Thanks,
    Starlet

Old 08-18-2005, 09:30 PM   #48
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

The only time that happened to me was when I first started taking birth control pills again a few years ago. I have endometriosis and was taking them on a continuous basis to stop my period for many months at a time. I took a while for my body to adjust and ended up spotting for a month and a half. My sister had a problem with bleeding though for about a year constant non stop. She had the procedure done where they go in with a balloon type thing and blow it up inside you then they heat it up and burn the inside of your uterus and it stopped the bleeding for her. You are not at that stage yet I don't think but another thing to think about is if you are not taking the birth control pill it can stop the non stop bleeding also. With the one I am taking now I have not had a period or spotting for 4 months at a time. This was under the advise of my doctor though. If you take them and have a monthly period it will stop the bleeding for so long also.

Closed Thread