It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Brown Spotting?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #1
    nervousnelly

nervousnelly HB User
    Brown Spotting?

Hi everyone. I'm hoping somebody could help me.

Last month and this month I have had brown spotting for 2-3 days around the time I ovulate. Therefore, I'm assuming it's ovulation spotting, but I've never had that before. (I am 27) Also, I have always had the eggwhite cervical mucus leading up to ovulation (for about 4 days) and now I don't have any, still watery but no eggwhite consistency. It seems the brown spotting has taken its place. I also know when I ovulate because I take my basal body temp.
    Is this spotting normal because I'm starting to get worried. The spotting is enough that I need to wear a pantyliner, and it's usually the most after I workout. I saw my doc last month and he said I was fine, but I've never had this before (and I never have spotting before AF either).
    Thanks in advance

Last edited by nervousnelly; 08-06-2005 at 09:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2005, 09:24 PM   #2
    *Versailles*
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

*Versailles* HB User
    Re: Brown Spotting?

I can't really tell you whether or not it is normal, but I can tell you I've experienced the same thing. I have several periods where I had a white consistency in my period and have had brown colored spotting. I don't know what causes it...but mine eventually went away. I would definitely do some more research though, just to be safe...

Hope all goes well

Old 08-08-2005, 12:01 AM   #3
    suiteroses
    (female)

suiteroses HB User

Ok 2 things brown spotting is normal thats what happens when your eggs don't meet the males y chromosomes. They die and it does it before your menstrual cycle to prepair your body for your cycle. The white sounds like the begining of a yeast infection though. Plus as you get older your body progresses in years for you to become and grow into the beautiful woman we all strive for others to see us as...lol

But anyway this is all from life lessons and 4 yeast infections and several times of thinking I was pregnant because of the brown spotting. So I got tired of it and finally asked my doctor. Another thing is just a note did you know that with all of those signs and your period that you could be pregnant? I heard about one woman who went her full pregnancy with her period and didn't know until her 7th month that she was pregnant.

Old 08-08-2005, 09:08 AM   #4
    nervousnelly

nervousnelly HB User

Thanks for your responses.

suiteroses the brown spotting is not due to my egg not meeting the sperm, as I haven't ovulated yet. Also, I don't have any 'white', just saying I used to always get eggwhite cervical mucus which means you're extremely fertile as you're about to ovulate (it's the clear stretchy stuff)- so definitely not a yeast infection. I am not pregnant either, tested and took my temperature (plus DH and I are careful ). Thanks though, it's good to rule out these things.

I think it was just ovulation spotting because I haven't had it since and I think I'm about to ovulate, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Old 08-08-2005, 10:08 PM   #5
    plantlover

plantlover HB User

I have the brown spotting as well. Mostly get it before my period and sometimes at the end. It's just your body trying to get rid of the bad stuff basically trying to clean itself out. It's normal, I did ask my doctor about it.

Closed Thread