It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Is there any way to relieve stomach cramps?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-24-2005, 07:12 AM   #1
    justanothagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

justanothagirl HB User
    Is there any way to relieve stomach cramps?

Any home remedies? I take iron supplements but I'd rather not go for any medicine... anything I could do to ease the pain? It's getting very bad I've not been able to breathe very well for the last 4 hours.. it really hurts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2005, 08:35 AM   #2
    greenjppixie
    (female)

greenjppixie HB User
    Re: Is there any way to relieve stomach cramps?

Do you know what is causing the cramps? If not, you should find out before you try to treat it. If you're just experiencing general naseau or discomfort then you could try a couple of things. Eat some candied ginger. You could also try peppermint tea or peppermint oil (make sure you get the edible type) in warm water. Hope this helps.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:30 AM   #3
    justanothagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

justanothagirl HB User

It's due to my menstruation. I just started my period yesterday... but like, I'm also experiencing incredibly bloating. My stomach is twice (yes, twice) its normal size. And it's not fat, it feels really hard! As though I'm 5 months pregnant.

I'm irritated, moody, tired, suffering from headaches, got awful cramps, got bloating, crave chocolate (only had one piece though), exhausted, not pleasant to be around with, etc.... Normally my periods aren't this heavy (not that I'm bleeding heavily or anything, that's okay... although usually it's very light) and I don't experience much trouble from them but since yesterday I've been so incredibly depressed (also moodswingy) and I usually don't get these awful cramps. I hate it.

Last edited by justanothagirl; 10-24-2005 at 09:35 AM.

Old 10-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #4
    JenRas05
    Veteran
    (female)

JenRas05 HB User

Hi,
    I read your post and I just wanted to give you some advice. Mild menstrual cramps are normal during periods but that painful of cramps are not. That's what i've read atleast. I also have had extreme painful menstrual cramps for as long as I can remember, so bad i'd just wanted to curl in a ball and cry. I always thought these were normal and just a part of what women had to go through with menstrual cycles but not after I've been researching. See, I'm right now looking into possibly having endometriosis which is a disease where the inside lining of your uterus goes outside and scars on the outside of your reproductive organs. I also have other symptoms of this like lower back pain, pain running down my legs and cramps everyday. For the past 2 months I started to get cramps not only with my period but all the time, everyday. There not as bad as with my period but it is still a lot to endure. The back pain is the worst though. Anyways....what i'm really trying to get at is that i think you should see a gynecologist and ask them about this. If you keep having this painful of cramps it could be something wrong and not just the so called "normal" endurement of women. I know what ur going through and I hope you feel better soon! I take midol for my cramps and use heating pads.
    Sincerely,
    Jenny

Last edited by JenRas05; 10-24-2005 at 08:20 PM.

Closed Thread