It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• BV after colp & treatment

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-27-2005, 11:35 PM   #1
    shanz85
    (female)

shanz85 HB User
    BV after colp & treatment

Hi, I had a colposcopy done last week and soon after I developed a raging case of BV. My doc prescribed me 5 days of Metrogel each night. I've been using it religiously and have gotten the usual side effects of the white wet toilet papery discharge, etc. Now I am itching and I feel kind of raw. I dont have any other unusual discharge and there is no odor. I don't think I have a yeast infection, but I was just wondering how common it was to get one.

Also, I was diagnosed with HPV. I'm 20 and my doctor said to come in for cryotherapy. Another doctor told me cryotherapy wasn't necessary and that it usually clears up within a year or so on its own in girls my age. I'm just wondering about your experiences with HPV.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2005, 01:13 AM   #2
    daisy-duke77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
    Re: BV after colp & treatment

This sounds more like a yeast infection, because of the discharge. With BV there is DEFINATELY a smell, and the discharge is runny. Also the itching tells me yeast as well???????

Old 12-28-2005, 03:35 PM   #3
    daisy-duke77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
    Re: BV after colp & treatment

I just realized that i read your post wrong. So after your colposcopy you got BV???? Now you have itching??? It sounds like you are now getting a yeast infection. Some women are prone to getting these infections often. When i was in my 20's i must have gotten a yeast infection every 3 months on the dot! I have only experienced BV twice ( and i hope never again) in this last couple of years. Anyways..........i guess maybe try some over the counter med for the yeast infection and see if that clears it up.

Closed Thread