It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

mystery cyst?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2006, 09:35 AM   #1
loralei
(female)

loralei HB User
mystery cyst?

Can anyone tell me if they've experienced something similar? My period has been extremely light lately. I used to go through 3 tampons a day, now I can barely use 1. It's been about 3-4 months of this. I took a preg test a few times and it was negative.

When I do get my period it's odd colors, more brown and clotty than before. I did recently start the birth control pill, however this extra light period began a month or two before I even started the pill. Along with the weird periods is constant whitish- yellow discharge. I'm in no pain, and I do not feel ill. Could this be from an ovarian cyst? I had a CT scan a few months before this all began and I DO have a cyst. THe CT scan was for a different stomach ailment. My doctor complete dismissed the cyst, even when I told her that I've had weird discharge.
I'm only 24, so doctors rush through me, figuring that I'm fairly healthly.
But my period is still odd and so is my discharge.

I definitely want to switch gynos, but it's such a hassle to find a new one.
Anyone have non-painful cysts that affected their periods?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #2
poliscigal
(female)

poliscigal HB User
Re: mystery cyst?

I just had something similar to what you have been dealing with. I'm 26 and mine all started last year with pelvic pain and crazy menstrual cycles of brown clotting blood. Ultrasounds showed I had a small cyst on my left ovary, but i was told that it had nothing to do with my crazy periods and pelvic pain. I had ultrasounds once a week for about two months to monitor the cyst and my pain and finally they decided to remove the cyst since it wasn't shrinking and do an exploratory laparoscopy to diagnose my mysterious pelvic pain.

I just had surgery on Monday and those ultrasounds did not even begin to illustrate what was going on inside. What the doctors thought was a normal cut and dry case, ended up being two very large complex cysts that they originally thought were normal and functional, but were nothing even close. They were wrapped and twisted around my fallopian tube and ovary which was causing ovarian torsion and the weight of them since they were so big were weighing my ovary so much that it was really low and pushed behind my uterus. She said that If she didn't operate when she did, chances are I would have lost my ovary. So I'm fortunate it was saved. My fallopian tube is somewhat damaged, but the other one is in great condition so at least that's good!

Anyway, the point is, you know your body better than anyone and they can do as many diagnostic tests known to man, but unless they actually look inside it's hard to know what is going on in there. Had I not had this surgery when I did, I could have lost my ovary. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll be home mending for a couple weeks :-) Good luck with everything.

Old 01-13-2006, 02:46 PM   #3
loralei
(female)

loralei HB User
cyst with no pain

bump

Closed Thread