It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

I have another Yeast Infection

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
Sari05
Veteran
(female)

Sari05 HB User
Unhappy I have another Yeast Infection

I have another Yeast Infection again. The discharge is yellow, it feels irritated, and it burns. Also it hurts when I put the cream in. I am on antibotics, and I have been taking pills to prevent Yeast Infections, but for some reason I keep on getting them. Why do I keep on getting this? I heard that antibotics can cause Yeast Infections, because they destroy the good bacteria, is that true? I was just wondering. I am feeling really uncomfortable down there,
and I am really sick of getting Yeast Infections. I have been putting the cream in and I have been eating Yogurt too.

I want this stuff to go away!!!! It is so annoying!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
wakkochic17
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: I have another Yeast Infection

unfortunately antibiotics can cause them.. I get one almost every time I take them. Are you on them long-term or just for a short term? Have you taken Diflucan on top of the ointment? Sometimes that's the only thing that clears me up. You may have to go on some sort of long-term treatment for them if you are going to be on antibiotics for awhile.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
Mama2aPreemie
(female)

Mama2aPreemie HB User

I get them all the time too, I am diabetic so when I have way to much sugar... BAM I get a nasty one.

and mine burn too, everytime I tell that to a doctor when they check me they say, oh no its prob not yeast then, and sure enough I am right.

Diflucan, works good but takes a few days.

Antibiotics give me them everytime too, I always try and take acidophlis with the antibiotics.

But since I get them so much, I have found something to give me a pretty quick cure like in a day or 2 verses the whole week or more the cream use to do.

and thats I take 1 tbsp of cod liver oil 2 times a day. And I use AZO urinary tract pain killers over the counter to help with pain. I know sounds weird if they are for urinary track, but I cannot live without them when I got a yeast infection the pain is so bad.

HUGS! I feel for ya!

Old 02-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
Sari05
Veteran
(female)

Sari05 HB User
Red face Re: I have another Yeast Infection

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkochic17
unfortunately antibiotics can cause them.. I get one almost every time I take them. Are you on them long-term or just for a short term? Have you taken Diflucan on top of the ointment? Sometimes that's the only thing that clears me up. You may have to go on some sort of long-term treatment for them if you are going to be on antibiotics for awhile.
Hi wakkochic,

I think that I am on antibotics for a short-term, I am on them for my acne problem. Yes I have taken Diflucan, but it didn't work.

Old 02-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #5
Sari05
Veteran
(female)

Sari05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2aPreemie
I get them all the time too, I am diabetic so when I have way to much sugar... BAM I get a nasty one.

and mine burn too, everytime I tell that to a doctor when they check me they say, oh no its prob not yeast then, and sure enough I am right.

Diflucan, works good but takes a few days.

Antibiotics give me them everytime too, I always try and take acidophlis with the antibiotics.

But since I get them so much, I have found something to give me a pretty quick cure like in a day or 2 verses the whole week or more the cream use to do.

and thats I take 1 tbsp of cod liver oil 2 times a day. And I use AZO urinary tract pain killers over the counter to help with pain. I know sounds weird if they are for urinary track, but I cannot live without them when I got a yeast infection the pain is so bad.

HUGS! I feel for ya!
Hi Mama2apreemie,

That's too bad that you have Diabetes, I am sorry to hear that. Having Yeast Infections is not fun at all huh? The burning and the pain is horrible, I had really bad burning the other day, it was awful. Now the Yeast Infection is starting to go away, and I am starting to feel better now which is good.

I feel for you too and I hope that things are going good for you.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:54 AM   #6
jeannajersy
(female)

jeannajersy HB User

Eating to much yogart can also give u an yeast infection.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
Sari05
Veteran
(female)

Sari05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannajersy
Eating to much yogart can also give u an yeast infection.
I heard that Yogurt is good for Yeast Infections. Also I heard that too much sugar could cause a Yeast Infection too.

Closed Thread