It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Very large clots and i don't know what it could be

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2006, 02:29 AM   #1
dragongirl
(female)

dragongirl HB User
Very large clots and i don't know what it could be

All week i have been passing very large clots. Ever since i have had my tubes tied i have had very nasty periods. They last almost a month then i have a week in between and when i bleed i go through the OB super plus tampons and a overnight pad in about 1-2 hours. I have been tested for anemia but nothing. I was out tonight at a club and i had a sharp pain so i went to the bathroom and sure enough i went to change my tmapon and there was a clot almost the size of basball. These hurt so bad to pass and i pass at least 7 a week. I have also noticed i am constantly thirsty and very very tired i am almost sleeping 12 hours lately and this has never been like this before. If anybody has any suggestions or has gone through the same could you give me some advice for me please i would really appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2006, 10:33 PM   #2
Lor123
(female)

Lor123 HB User
Re: Very large clots and i don't know what it could be

I don't have my tubes tied, but I have heard of this before.
My Mom had her tubes tied after she had me and she had alot of problems afterward.
You might want to look up Tubal Ligation Syndrome.

Old 02-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #3
young momma
Veteran
(female)

young momma HB User

This just started happening to my mom. I don't know how old you are, but she is 44. She passed 5 about that size within a couple hours. She went to the doctor and was told that it is totally normal. She is now going through the last stage of menopause. Many people have told her she is too young. Well, they are full of it!! She has been having all the signs of it for many years now. Plus, her mom was completely done with menopause at 47. Some women don't pass them and have to have a d&c done.

I would still go ahead and go to the doctor to have it checked out. Boy us women have it good, don't we!!

Old 02-03-2006, 01:28 AM   #4
joyous_one_
(female)

joyous_one_ HB User

I had this problem for many years and was told it was a hormonal imbalance, you're uterine lining is shedding at the end of your period. The imbalance makes your lining thick. For years I thought I was continually having miscarriages. Birth control pills help to kick start as did progesterine suppliments.

Closed Thread