It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Dizzyness with period

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2006, 06:08 PM   #1
Jennifer89
(female)

Jennifer89 HB User
Dizzyness with period

How come I feel so dizzy? I've felt dizzy in the past, but not like this. At first I thought that it was because I was wearing contacts, but I have my glasses back in, so it's not that. Then I thought that I neaded some kind of vitamin up-lift, so I at a Luna Bar, which usually makes me feel better on p-days. When that didn't help, I took out my Diva cup (wich didn't bother me at all last month) and put on a pad. Still dizzy.

The Diva is not associated with TSS like tampons are, and no one has ever been known to have a case of TSS related to using a Diva.

What's up? Why am I so dizzy?

What can I do to feel norm.? I'm babysitting tomorow, and if I can't keep up with my school work, then how in world can I keep up with two running, screaming, demanding toddlers? Will any over the counters or natural herbs help? I would rather not pop a pill, but ANYTHING!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
bullun
Veteran

bullun HB User
Re: Dizzyness with period

A few things. Low iron could possibly be causing your dizziness, which can happen during your menstrual cycle. Also, if you've had a head cold or ear infection recently, that can effect your equalibrium , balance and make you feel dizzy. I would be sure to drink plenty of water. Lay low, possibly take an iron supplement. If the dizziness persists until the morning I would recommend seeing a doctor. Just a few suggestions, of course I'm not a doctor, so.. Some one else might be able to offer more advice.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
Jennifer89
(female)

Jennifer89 HB User

Thank you Bullun! I have not been sick lately, and I had my iron checked about two months into last semester, and it was on the rise from the time before then.

I'll be sher to take a multi tonight and in the morning! I'll also drink some OJ and water... always good refreshers. And I'll bring a Luna with me babysitting, it may help some.

Off to bed now, but I'll check in the morn, so please post!! (Why am I suddenly happy? I was in a bad mood all day! )

Old 02-03-2006, 06:43 PM   #4
bullun
Veteran

bullun HB User

Hope you feel better soon!!

Old 02-03-2006, 09:12 PM   #5
countrysummer81
(female)

countrysummer81 HB User

I usually experience dizziness during and for a few days after. It only happens with movement. I just kind of assumed it was normal.

Old 02-04-2006, 05:02 AM   #6
Jennifer89
(female)

Jennifer89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrysummer81
I usually experience dizziness during and for a few days after. It only happens with movement. I just kind of assumed it was normal.
Do you have any ways of "Dealing with it"?

Closed Thread