It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Lap done Lupron again

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
jazzz29

jazzz29 HB User
Lap done Lupron again

I had my lap done on Monday and my doctor found hundreds of little red spots of endo everywhere so my only option is to have the Lupron injections again. I really am not looking forward to them again. It took me 1 1/2 to get my memory back from the first round. However, the pain has been bad so I need to do something. Does anyone else know of something new I could try instead of lupron. Any other successes doing a certain bc pill? Thanks, Jazzz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #2
djl
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: Lap done Lupron again

Oh Jazzz
I am so sorry...that damn Endo sucks !!
As you know the BC Pill did not work for me, but have you tried Sesonal?? Supposedly you only get your period 4x a year?? Would that help at all?? I am just throwing a suggestion.
I think what the problem is and this is my opinion, I think your body just gives up after a while and the meds just stop working. I know the pill stopped working for me after only being on it for 4 years.
Keep me updated !!!! Feel better !!!!

Old 02-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #3
scf71
(female)

scf71 HB User

I'm sorry. That sounds very painful. It sounds like you've tried the pill before and it didn't work. Is that correct? When do you have the most pain or is it just all of the time?

Mine gets really bad around ovulation. I was on Loestrin and that helped me. Although any pill might work, I'm not sure.

I hope you find something that works for you. Good luck!

Old 02-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #4
kpd_spotsy_va
(female)

kpd_spotsy_va HB User

You had problems with your memory from Lupron? I had my lap and 2 weeks later started my period and it was just as bad as before the lap. I am getting my first injection Wednesday and really concerned about the side effects but desperate for relief....good luck to you with your second round. take care.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #5
jazzz29

jazzz29 HB User

I have tried about 10 different birth control pills. I have been bleeding through all of them and the pain just depends on the day. I notice when I feel PCOS cysts popping I will usually have about 3-5 terrible days. It's like my body will not let the birth control take over like it is supposed to do. I have not tried seasonal yet because of the hormones in it so I have been doing non-stop bcpills but I never make it further than about 2-3 weeks anyway.

KPD, I had really bad side effects with the lupron, however, I need some relief as well. I had a migraine almost all of the time but it hurt less than the pelvic pain. I am already drinking soy milk so the hotflashes should not be as bad as before and am taking my mix of vitamins, etc. Good luck with the shot, you might not have any side effects. This second time around for me may not produce side effects either. One can only hope, I just want the bleeding and pain to stop for awhile, Jazzz

Old 02-19-2006, 05:38 PM   #6
jules1
Veteran
(female)

jules1 HB User

See if your dr will prescribe you Wellbutrin. Its an antidepressant, but it helps with some of the side-effects. See if they can't also prescribe you something for your headaches! I know they would be hormone related, but I imagine there is something out there you could take.
Have you tried add-back therapy with the Lupron? I started that when my hot-flashes got really bad, and it helped ALOT!
The only bc I've been on that I haven't had any problems with is the ortho-evra patch! I was suprised that it works, but I don't have any spotting, which is great because I have alot of pain when I spot.
Good luck.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:07 AM   #7
jazzz29

jazzz29 HB User

What does the wellbutrin help with exactly? I am open to anything. Thanks, Jazzz

Old 02-28-2006, 08:30 AM   #8
tina76
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User

Jazz - I am on Depo which doesn't do TONS for the pain but it helps some, but it is supposed to stop additional growth and seems to work as I have not had any increase in pain since starting it. Also, my doc mentioned a new drug to me called Danzanol. We are thinking of trying it. She knows that I could not tolerate Lupron so I'm sure must be different somehow. I think it is a monthly injection, not a 100% sure, need to do some more research on it.

I too have lots of growth in me. But I cannot use Lupron so my docs are treating my pain and then trying new drugs as they become available. If you did so horribly on Lupron then you do NOT have to take it. Ask them to treat your pain etc... I was switched to methadone about three months ago and it has worked the best on my pain than any other drug has in the past. It also does not leave me all loopy feeling. Just an idea. My doc told me that due to my adverse reaction to Lupron that they would treat my pain for now until they feel I am old enough to have a hysto.

Let me know what you decide!!!
Tina

Old 02-28-2006, 10:23 AM   #9
jules1
Veteran
(female)

jules1 HB User

Wellbutrin will help with depression and mood-swings, but also it helps with hot flashes!

Old 02-28-2006, 11:39 AM   #10
djl
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

I am on xanax for the mood swings and hot flashes and axiety. It seems to help...so far.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:53 PM   #11
FairyMagick
Inactive
(female)

FairyMagick HB User

Hey Jazzz,
I have Endo, and suffer debilitating pains. It has taken me years to get treatment I had two surgeries with no help with pain relief. Actually the surgeries made my pain worst! So I know what your going through.
My GP doctor sent me to pain management. It was the best thing for me. My life is still complicated with Endo, but I am so much better. I was given an RX for Ultram and Baclofen. Baclofen is a muscle relaxant. I have read many posts about Endo on the boards and it seems no one is on a muscle relaxant for Endo. They do wonders. The Ultram is a pain medicine. At pain management they are really into helping me. Unlike at the OBGYN'S. You might want to go to PM, they might be able to give you something that can manage your pain better.
I have never tried lupron because I'm so scared of the side effects, and just today I saw a report on TV about how hormones which had me even more scared! I wish you the best of luck and hope you find something that helps.

Old 03-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #12
jazzz29

jazzz29 HB User

Thanks for all of your replies! I haven't heard of a few of these medications so I will definitely be doing some research on them. Just that little glimmer of hope is all I needed. I did have my lupron injection a week ago. Thanks, Jazzz

Old 03-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #13
tina76
Senior Veteran
(female)

tina76 HB User

Jazz - I think that Danzanol (sp?) is discussed in that book we are both reading, The Endometriosis Source Book. I think I remember seeing a section on it while flipping thru before I started reading it.....

Just checked look at pg 187 if you want...that is where they start talking about it and it's side effects, etc... Sounds a little too much like Lupron for me...at least some of the side effects do...but what they say about the pain relief is promising.

Who knows....Oh this crazy disease!!!!! I'm so glad I at least have people to talk to about it now!

Last edited by tina76; 03-01-2006 at 10:39 AM. Reason: added more

Old 03-09-2006, 07:52 AM   #14
jazzz29

jazzz29 HB User

I have pcos as well so danazol was not the best choice for me. I had my lupron shot 18 days ago and have not been having the severe menopause symptoms like I did the first time. The hot flashes are basically a burning in my face and ears and I only get minor headaches with a migraine only every 3 days! Before these were everyday and pretty much all day. My pelvic pain is so much better it is unbelievable and I am so excited, Jazz

Old 03-09-2006, 10:32 PM   #15
FairyMagick
Inactive
(female)

FairyMagick HB User

Happy to hear your doing better

Closed Thread