It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

im scared of being a mother!!!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
brownskintrini
(female)

brownskintrini HB User
Unhappy im scared of being a mother!!!!!

im a 20 year old female-soon to be 21 and my xbf and i decedided to get back together today, and aslong with our getting back together, we had sex-unprotected sex. i dunno wat i was thinking.my biggest fear is an unplanned pegnancy , and im really really nervous now.while we had sex twice he ejaculated in me both times.i was so freaked out but he was really calm aboutthe situation, i guess hes calm cause this is something he;s always wanted- a baby. im just worried about my future-finishing collegge, being successful.although he tells me having a baby isntthe end of the world, i know itll set me back .he already knows what he has to do ,and he says he will take care fof me and our baby, do watever it takes to make sure we r happy, but then again im sking myself"am iready for motherhhood" i know tht even if im not im gonna have to be bevcause i may b pregnant.my biggest fear right now is that i wont finish college and be able to oursue my dreams.pplease offer your advice, itll really appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2006, 04:00 PM   #2
mum2be

mum2be HB User
Re: im scared of being a mother!!!!!

use birth control ... if your not ready ... should be that easy if your not ready no ???

go get a pregnancy test, and while your there pick up some b/c ...

Old 02-13-2006, 04:08 PM   #3
brownskintrini
(female)

brownskintrini HB User
Unhappy Re: im scared of being a mother!!!!!

im truly not ready for motherhood.im considering ecp's annd gettin birth control pills. i kow having a bby isnt the end of my life but im just still so scared. i know hes ready to be afather and has wanted this but its wat i want -n im not ready.hesrather calm n a bit excited about the situation

Old 02-13-2006, 04:10 PM   #4
brownskintrini
(female)

brownskintrini HB User
Unhappy Re: im scared of being a mother!!!!!

[QUOTE=brownskintrini]im truly not ready for motherhood.im considering ecp's annd gettin birth control pills. i kow having a bby isnt the end of my life but im just still so scared. i know hes ready to be afather and has wanted this but its wat i want -n im not ready.hesrather calm n a bit excited about the situation,whreas i on the other hand im freakin out im scaed, neervous all those emotions at once

Old 02-13-2006, 04:12 PM   #5
mum2be

mum2be HB User

^ luckily for you, it's not his choice, it's yours hun...

Bringing a child into this world should be one of the happiest times in your life.

Having a pregnancy test pronto will really put most of these worries to ease ...

Old 02-13-2006, 05:37 PM   #6
LovinArmyWife05
Senior Veteran
(female)

LovinArmyWife05 HB User

I agree with mum completely. This really is something you should have thought about before you had sex. Granted I'm 20 and having my first child, it is something my dh and I wanted. We were both ready to have children, and really couldn't wait. I am attending college online and that way I"m able to do my courses. But you really need to see if you are. And if your not ANY sort of bc is good. I dont mean to sound mean but you dont want an unwanted pregnancy. It truly isn't his choice..or at least just his choice.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:55 AM   #7
**Peaches**
(female)

**Peaches** HB User

If you just had sex yesterday then it is not too late to get emergency contraceptive - some call it the "morining after" pill. It's high dose birth control which stops implantation. No bad side effects that I know of. There are many women on this board that try for years and years before conceiveing. Please, please, take the miracle of creating a child very seriously. I have to admit I have been in your shoes (I've used the morning after pill more than once) - it was not until DH and I started trying to conceive that it hit home how big of a deal it is. Anyhow, the window for emergency contraception is 72 hours after sex - but the sooner the better! Good luck - you will be just fine whatever you choose to do!

Old 02-14-2006, 08:33 AM   #8
BsChickie
(female)

BsChickie HB User

If you've had problems staying together and this is the first day you are back together, sounds like your future is really up in the air and a baby will only make it worse. He can bounce any time he wants and you'll be stuck with this baby that you are completely sure you are not ready for. It's not too late to get the morning after pill and then get on birth control. Be sure about your life before you bring another life into the picture because that is who will suffer in the end, not you, not him.
I am 29 years old, in a very happy marriage, have a house, a good job, everything in good order and being pregnant and having a baby right now has been happy, but the most difficult and stressful thing I have ever gone through and is really putting my husband and i to the test and the baby hasn't even been born yet! So if your relationship is a "maybe" or you have big doubts that you can do it, don't do it. Let a baby be in a strong environment when they are born, don't bring them into unstable surroundings if you have a choice. But as far as being ready if you are pregnant, no one is truly ready for motherhood. good luck.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:30 PM   #9
sevans929
(female)

sevans929 HB User

Just because your boyfriend is ready to have a baby doesn't mean that YOU are, and if you're not sure, maybe you should wait. Having unprotected sex wasn't the smartest choice, but if you really don't want to get pregnant, go to the hospital or a planned parenthood and get the "morning after pill". Then, get on hormonal birth control right away before you and your boyfriend have sex again. Make sure that you talk to him about the fact that you want to finish school and plan your future before you take the next step into motherhood. You're only 20, you have your whole life ahead of you to start a family. Make sure that YOU are content with your life and ready to have a baby when the time comes. Good luck to you.

Closed Thread