It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• PMDD & peri-meno anyone?? HELP??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2006, 09:08 AM   #1
    julie39180
    (female)

julie39180 HB User
    Question PERI-meno & PMDD anyone.. HELP!!!!!

HELLO THERE,
    i am 35 yrs. old & going thrugh PERI-MENO & i also have PMDD.. its a living hell... im not sure what is worse, WELL, i really think the PMDD is.. 2 wks. before i start, OMG!!! i am a total different person, MEAN- HATEFULL-BITCHY- FLY OF THE HANDLE EASY-AGGRAVATED- VERY EMOTIONAL-AND THE LIST GOES ON...ETC-ETC-ETC.... my son is 14 yrs. old & says ,{MOM UR SO MEAN, HATEFUL & MOODY ALL THE TIME!!!!!} so i was suppose to start last week but never did, finally started this morning a week late & no NOT PREG.. have had tubes done.. but anywaz, my question is?????? 4 ALL U GURLS Out THERE, what do u take & DOES IT HELP???????? i am on the CLIMARA PATCH (change weekly) & PROMETRIUM (take it 16 days after i start & for 12 days).... the DR. wanted to put me on WELLBUTRIN but I DONT WANT on any ANTI -DEPPRESS.. i was on all different kinds before, until they found out i was in MY PERI.... i didnt like them or how they made me feel & if the even worked, after 6 mon. of being on them, THEY DIDNT WORK ANYMORE...
    so, I NEED HELP, SOMETHING THAT WILL HELP, SOME ADVISE.... ANYTHING... I KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE OUT HERE WITH THE PERI & PMDD!!!!! AND IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING OUT THERE FOR US..... i told my husband last night, THAT I THINK, HE NEEDS TO PUT ME SOMEWHERE...not kidding either.. & look what im doing, im putting them thrugh HELL!!!! OMG!!!!! b/c I JUST WANNA GET IN THE CAR & RUN, RUN, RUN!!!!!!!!! from everyone & everybody..... even myself!!
    hope someone can help......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2006, 10:53 AM   #2
    katidid95
    Veteran
    (female)

katidid95 HB User
    Re: PERI-meno & PMDD anyone.. HELP!!!!!

What are Climara and Prometrium? Are they hormone replacements? You seem young for that, without having a hsyterectomy.

Old 03-15-2006, 12:43 PM   #3
    Silentwings

Silentwings HB User
    Re: PMDD & peri-meno anyone?? HELP??

As far as the antidepressants go, have you tried Zoloft? As far as the other stuff, I don't know what Climara and Prometrium do so I don't know what to say except I know how you feel.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:07 PM   #4
    SRMom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SRMom HB User
    Re: PMDD & peri-meno anyone?? HELP??

Hi Julie...sorry you are suffering. I had pretty bad PMS/PMDD until my hysterectomy in January. I also have anxiety problems and occasional panic attacks. After I had no success with antidepressants (didn't help anxiety or PMS), I realized that I could take my Xanax (anxiety med) when my PMS got to the point when my son would say, "Mom, you're using your angry voice." I never acted like that any other time of the month. The Xanax really helped a lot. I hope you can find some relief.

Last edited by SRMom; 03-15-2006 at 03:09 PM.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #5
    Johands333
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Johands333 HB UserJohands333 HB User

Julie,
    You are just starting! I began the peri-menopause phase at 39 1/2. I will be 49 next month. I had almost 10 years of periods just starting to get wacky. I was so good before that that I could tell you the day and time of day that I would start my period or ovulate. Then this January I started a light period on Jan. 1st. I wasn't really due until Jan. 10th or thereabout. But what happened next was a surprise. I had light bleeding/heavy spotting Jan 1-7 or 8, then a period type of flow, then back to light bleeding/heavy spotting. I went to my gyn who put me on birth control pills on Jan. 26. I hadn't been on them since 1982. My first period after being on Levlen was the worst in recent years. Ok, so back to your question--eat as good as you can -- all the fruits veggies, etc. and try to watch your salt and sugar. And exercise--I belong to Curves and I love it. But keep in mind even doing those things still you will have changes. I have been standing in the back of church for almost 10 yrs. Why? Because the Sunday before my brother got married I had Hot Flashes & my period at the Same Time!! I almost passed out. I was hot, it was July and I felt stuffy. I have had incidents where going into a department store or driving was overwhelming. IT was as if all the information tried to get into my head all at once and I couldn't process it. This happened twice. Once about age 40 where all the sudden it was like I could see cars come towards me, one on one side coming up and I couldn't handle the process of taking it all in. With going into the department store it was like I stood there and everything came at me all at once. This is hormones doing their chemical changes. Nothing is really wrong, it's just strange.
    -Jo

Old 03-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #6
    Live-Life-to-Love
    Veteran
    (female)

Live-Life-to-Love HB User

Read up on natural progesterone creme and PMDD. It should help but you have to understand why and how to use it.

Good luck!

Closed Thread