It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• worried about periods. Could it be perimenopause

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-08-2006, 05:55 AM   #1
    LINSCYCLIST
    (female)

LINSCYCLIST HB User
    worried about periods. Could it be perimenopause

I am 40 years of age and for the last few months I have been noticing I have not been feeling my normal self both a few days before and during my period. About 2 days before I start to feel absolutely exhausted and this continues throughout most of my period and I am also feeling sick with loss of appetite. I am normally quite regular in my cycles but the last period was thin and scanty and I felt tired exhausted throughout. It stopped and then came on again 5 days later but very faintly. For the next two and a half weeks I went on holiday to Turkey and felt absolutely wonderful - lots of energy and I did alot of walking and my appetite was fine. I had a night flight back and I started to feel exhausted for about 4 days which I put down to jet lag. My period then started and I had bad cramps, nausea and total exhaustion. (I am into day 2 at the moment and I feel so tired and not well in my self). I have also been having some symptoms of irritable bowel around my period as well.

so with tiredness, feeling unwell and bowel upsets around about my period - could this be the start of perimenopause. my mum and her twinhad their menopause at 39 and I started periods at the same age?

I never experienced such crippling tiredness (and insomnia) and feeling of unwellness during periods before. Can anyone help please?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
    lauralu2000
    (female)

lauralu2000 HB User
    Re: worried about periods. Could it be perimenopause

Hello...I would suggest posting this on the menapause board. They will have a ton of suggestions for you! Take care!

Closed Thread