It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Horribly embarrassing problem: excessive hair growth... EVERYWHERE! Please help me!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #16
    Melissa765
    (female)

Melissa765 HB User
    Re: Horribly embarrassing problem: excessive hair growth... EVERYWHERE! Please help

Bump. Any more opinions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2006, 10:54 PM   #17
    blkadr
    (female)

blkadr HB User
    Re: Horribly embarrassing problem: excessive hair growth... EVERYWHERE! Please help me!

Yup, I'm in the same boat. I am still waiting for a miracle to come that lets me shave my thighs/bikini area without pain/blood/a miracle. Oh and by the way, my dermatologist told me that there's nothing she can do except tell me to "shave with the hair."

Old 05-26-2006, 12:41 PM   #18
    HH3
    (female)

HH3 HB User
    Re: Horribly embarrassing problem: excessive hair growth... EVERYWHERE! Please help

Hello there.

I'm older than you, but I do feel your pain. I'm 36, and I've always had 'more' hair growth on my arms, and I don't like it, either. I've been self conscious for a long time. My sister said that she shaves the hair off of her arms, and I do occasion. I find that once it's done, I feel better about myself. The hair on my arms is dark colored since I'm a brunette, and it's more pronounced when wet, like in the swimming pool, etc.

I get hair on my toes, which is easily taken care of with my Remington battery-operated razor. Unfortunately, I have too much hair growth in the natal cleft (aka butt crack), which probably contributed to my pilonidal cyst, and my colorectal surgeon told me that I'd have to shave my rear for the rest of my life.

So, I know what you're going through.

Good luck with laser hair removal or whatever technique that you end up using. I, like a lot of ppl, cannot afford it, but I'd try it if I could.

I have to pluck stiff hairs underneath my chin and on my neck. It sure is an aggravating problem. Yes, I've had an ovarian cyst, too (dermoid), and it was an incidental finding. I don't know if this is by any chance related.

Best wishes,

Hoosier

Old 05-26-2006, 07:20 PM   #19
    kalinka
    (female)

kalinka HB User
    Re: Horribly embarrassing problem: excessive hair growth... EVERYWHERE! Please help me!

it could be Hirsutism, thats an exesive growth of hair in women, you can have this "condition" (its not really a illness just genetic characteristic) and normal level of hormones, but all this information you can read here: [url][ REMOVED ][/url]
    it also says some treatments that can help, i hope this information is helpful for you, be aware that maybe you are worring too much about this and maybe your hair is normal, but its normal to tend to think oneself is hairy and fat looking at the television today, but it seems to me that it could be likely to be hirsutism, your doctors must may be incompetent

Last edited by moderator2; 05-27-2006 at 06:53 AM. Reason: please do not post websites that sell products

Old 03-31-2007, 11:55 AM   #20
    prettypixie
    (female)

prettypixie HB User

hey Melissa, i forgot about this message board sorry i didnt reply to you! how did it all go? do you have anymore updates ?

Pixie

Last edited by prettypixie; 03-31-2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: forgot to add something!

Closed Thread