It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Dr said i need to have cryotherapy done!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2006, 11:11 AM   #1
    Tashy77
    (female)

Tashy77 HB User
    Unhappy Dr said i need to have cryotherapy done!!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this board....i found it while doing research and it is soooo informative. Anyways let me share my story....I'm 29 yrs old, married 5 yrs, no kids, just started trying this Jan...was on the BC pill for bout 6 yrs stopped in 2003....I had my last pap done in 2000/1 ( i know unbelievable right)both times normal.

I had routine check up done last mth along with a pap smear and the pap came back "epithelial cell abnormality." Atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASCUS)and an HPV result came back "high risk: positive"....anyway the nurse said the doc wants to refer me to have a colposcopy done and she sent a copy of the results. Had the colposcopy done last monday and i received the results yesterday....my doctor said that i have low dysplasia and she is recommending CRYOTHERAPY where she wld have to freeze my cervix/cells so we can get rid of the abnormal cells.

Now i have been reading so much about those medical terms and procedures and as far as i read since i have low dysplasia to me i wld need to have followup paps every 3-6mths or my body wld fight it out...and the cryotherapy wld come into play if i had high dysplasia....i am no doctor and i dont mean to be doubting...but i'm sure everybody wld understand how i'm feeling right now. Cuz i also read that dysplasia can also mean that there is lack follic acid in your diet. And i know for a fact my way of eating is really bad well not bad but the way in which i eat. Dont eat the right stuff not exercising, dont eat on time. (got this bad habit cuz i worked in a docs office)

I moved up to the USA last yr january and since then i am at home, dont work, worry alot bout stuff and everyone (trying to fix everybody's problems) And back home i was always on the go, going to the gym....so i'm also wondering if thats what it is.. I was in NY last April and i had a stress test done in Times Square along the street - just for the fun of it (dont know if i shld have taken it seriously) and the hand on the mans stress machine sprung up right away and he said i'm very stressed and also my hairdresser said the same. So could that be possible that all those results came about from all this stuff? Cuz the HPV is if u have multiple sex partners which i dont....and i know my husband is faithful (trust me he is a good man)......so if anything this thing could have been present in me since 1999 cuz thats my previous relationship and dats the time i had a wart given to me by my ex....Just wondering if anyone can put my mind at rest and if anyone has had to have those procedures done. Thank u and God Bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 11:23 AM   #2
    lovethoscurls
    Veteran
    (female)

lovethoscurls HB User
    Re: Dr said i need to have cryotherapy done!!

I had cryo done almost a year ago. It is a very simple procedure. Honestly you will feel some slight cramping and that is it. Some doctors do use the wait and see method, with mild dysplasia others use this cryo therapy. Cryo is not a procedure most use for mod or severe dysplasia. HPV can be in your system for years before it can cause an abnormal pap. Just about all cases of dysplasia I think it is like 97% of cases are caused from HPV so I really don't think that it has anything to do with stress. If you have any other questions let me know.

Good Luck

Old 05-17-2006, 01:03 PM   #3
    Tashy77
    (female)

Tashy77 HB User

Thank u Lovethoscurls for responding....well when i did the colposcopy i felt very faintish and i did feel the pinch it was awful.....driving back home from the doc i had almost passed out in the car....my hussy had to stay home with me.....i took a tylenol to ease the cramping. I had the cramping for 2 days though......I guess i am just a big baby...i cant deal with pain at all. So if u can reassure me that the cryo thing is less painful than the colpo i will be happy ....I've read on the cryo therapy and it says its kind of cold or hot when doing the freezing.

Did u have to do any other procedures after that or u were ruled out normal?....I just want this thing over and done with cuz we want to start a family and right now i'm questioning if this cld be the reason y it hasnt happend as yet.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:10 PM   #4
    lovethoscurls
    Veteran
    (female)

lovethoscurls HB User

I had no pain with Cryo, just some cramps after. I went straight back to work afterwards though. I had moderate and severe dyplasia which isn't normally treated with cryo (which is why I have a new doc now), and it didn't help at all. I just had a procedure called LEEP (removal of part of the cervix that holds the abnormal cells) done on April 5th. I am still waiting to find out if all is clear. Dysplasia won't keep you from getting pg however I while you are being treated until you are in the clear I wouldn't advise it. Cryo has no affects on fertility but I would wait and talk to your doctor if you are TTC right now.

Good Luck, my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Old 05-17-2006, 01:18 PM   #5
    Tashy77
    (female)

Tashy77 HB User

Oh thank u......well for sure we are on hold from intercourse since i got the results from my pap which is about 5 or 6 wks ago and since the colpo....so for sure we are abstaining till the green light...whenever this might be.....

My prayers with u as well.

Closed Thread