It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• 2 months no period, 2 months way light period

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-31-2006, 08:41 AM   #1
    andvari
    (female)

andvari HB User
    Arrow 2 months no period, 2 months way light period

i'm not too sure which area to post this about but i saw that a post similar to mine got moved here so.. i thought this was a good a place as any.

about 4 months ago (i think.. it's been a while), my period stopped for 2 months. i had skipped 2 cycles after getting my period very very lightly for 2 days. prior to this i had had a really bad bladder infection to the point i was peeing blood. but i'm not sure if that's relevent or significant and it has since cleared up very well although i thought i'd mention it in case. so 2 months went by without a single period. i did get tested for pregnancy once but it was negative. now i'm getting my period, but it's only 3 days. it started late night saturday and ended tuesday around noon. the first day i'd say is moderate, the next 2 days are nothing. so it's almost like 1 day.. but i do get a tinsy bit of blood the 2 days after. this has happened twice. my last 2 periods.. the 2 before didn't happen. there is a lot of pain now on the first day. well, i mean, i've never before really experienced cramping or much of it. but now i do when i try to sleep, very uncomfortable.. but i can deal with it if i put a pillow below my lower back. i'm just wondering if this is normal at all? i don't have the bladder infection anymore. the only real problem i have and i doubt it'd affect this is chronic cryptic tonsilitis with a bit of difficulty to breathe now and then. i don't think that it's really anything that could cause my periods to be all weird. my boyfriend thinks i should go see my doc about it. it hasn't really stressed me as i've only brought it up with him a few days back, so it couldn't have caused it in those months. as well, back then, i hadn't even considered it so i don't believe its self-enduced. i'm stress free, i pretty well have to be if i don't want any of those damned stress-headaches. i'm a way too easy going person to let much bother me.. that all said, i'm kind of happy they're only 3 days long! lol.. but i know i've read that if they're under 3 or 4 days then to see your doctor about it. i can't really remember exactly. if anyone can help out on this i'd really appreciate it. i'd ask my mother but she hasn't had hers in over 15 years.. so all i'm left with is this place..
    thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2006, 09:30 AM   #2
    FlorenceC
    (female)

FlorenceC HB User
    Re: 2 months no period, 2 months way light period

Well . . how old are you? Some women change as they get older . . . i've been having 3 days periods for about 8 yrs, but as far as the "no" period thing, I'm kinda in the same boat. I haven't had a period since early April so not only did I miss my last one but i should have it now . . . my cycle runs less than every 28 days so now i think i'm missing a second period and like you i also took a HPT and it was negative. I'm not sure what to do . . . I actually wouldn't mind if i was pregnant (not at all, for that matter) But unfortunately i don't think that is what's going on here. I'm waiting a few more days and if it doesn't come i will retest. I think that is something you should do also. It's always best to double check. And just to be safe you should speak with your doctor. Many women experience changes with their cycle due to hormone levels changing with age. This may be a good change for you . . . shorter periods. Mine is like that, pretty much all happens on the first day . . . but on that first day . . WATCH OUT . . . lolol . . . the claws are out!!! . . . LOL . . . Good Luck and Keep us posted!!!

Old 05-31-2006, 09:44 AM   #3
    andvari
    (female)

andvari HB User

i'm only 20. so i'm not sure if my body is to the point to start changing like that.. ?

Old 05-31-2006, 10:10 AM   #4
    FlorenceC
    (female)

FlorenceC HB User

Well, I was around 20 too when that started happening. Now, I'm 27 (28 in sept.) and I'm completely used to it. If a period lasts more than 3 days I feel so burdened. Trust me, it can be a blessing. The cramps can be harsh, but it's usually not every time for me. Talk to your doctor, but he/she'll probably say the same thing, just hormone levels changing. You should retest just in case but I think everything is fine, just changing a little with age.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:36 AM   #5
    andvari
    (female)

andvari HB User

i'm surprised that it changes so young? i used to be on birth control although i've stopped now its been well over 6 months so i know it can't still affect it. the 2 months following i had weird periods too then one entirely normal cycle and then all this started. i guess i'll just ride it out and see. i see my doc on monday for something else, i might just bring it up to see what she thinks.
    thanks

Old 05-31-2006, 08:56 PM   #6
    andvari
    (female)

andvari HB User

i do have one concern.. my mother had endo.. so i'm wondering if anyone knows if what i'm experiencing could be it? anyone know?

Old 06-01-2006, 06:19 AM   #7
    FlorenceC
    (female)

FlorenceC HB User

I really don't think so . . . there would be different symptoms. Plus from what I've read endo is painful and I think it actually makes your period worse not easier. Don't quote me on it, but I think your symptoms are nothing like those of endo. Anyone else have any input on this?

Old 06-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #8
    andvari
    (female)

andvari HB User

i didn't go see my doc today. i was way too tired and slept in. would have slept more if my dog weren't such a pest! lol.. i don't really have any pain.. only when my period comes. my lower back gets very sore as well but i also have scoliosis in that same area so any kind of stress to my back can cause pain. i usually do take good care of myself and really haven't had much problem with it in the past few years.. it's just been acting up the past month or so. that's why the pillow's been helping. it's just all really weird to me. all that comes out is old blood.. brown and all. not really any clotting, and no red blood like it usually is. my doc said i probably didn't ovulate before.. but 4 or more months of that? i don't know if that's possible or healthy.. i do have other random symptoms or things going on that i don't know if i mentionned. i've gained weight when i really don't see how i could have. it's visible.. not like i'm fat but my stomach is a bit swollen and noticeable now too. my breasts are bigger and my nipples look like cookies (that's how my bf describes them). besides that, yesterday at work i got so dizzy i nearly fell to the ground. it is very hot, but i felt a bit sick before i got there and i was in A/C all day as well as i swam before going to work so i was well cooled off. i thought i wasg oing to puke for a good bit of yesterday then it subsided into a more so mushy tummy feeling. i really don't know what this is.. but it's making me lose my apetite AND i'm still gaining weight when i'm not eating. i don't know if this is relevent at all or not. i see the doc on monday and i'm sure that she'll automatically do a pg test since i have to go for surgery next month. i doubt i am though. i just want to know what's going on.. i really rather have 7 days of the dreadful thing then it be 1 day and something be seriously wrong. i'll just keep checking around to see if anyone else has had this happen to them.

Closed Thread