It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Dark Brown Discharge

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-07-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
    NikkiDee
    (female)

NikkiDee HB User
    Dark Brown Discharge

hi My last period was really funky typically my periods are really bloody but this last one which came on time and lasted its normal amount of time was strange insted of the normal flowy blood it was this Dark Brown Discharge like stuff. I also got my normal cramps and all. I don't use any birth control and I'm a virigin. This was about a week ago and now I think I have a yeast infection. Whats going on can anyone help me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2006, 06:20 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Dark Brown Discharge

Hi nikki,just curious.did you have any blood at all during that particular period or was it just totally and completely the dark brown stuff?The dark brown stuff is what would be considered'old blood".how bad is your cramping and just when do you usually get it and for how long?sorry to be soo nosey.I am wondering if maybe you might possibly have endometriosis.this is exactly how my 'normal' periods used to be way back when at around ages 14-16,when I was finally dxed by an obgyn.he knew almost immediately after hearing my symptoms then doing a pelvic exam that i did indeed have endo.he found two cysts inside during that pelvic which after having a lap surgery were found to be what are called "chocolate cysts' just because that is what they kind of look like,globs of 'chocolate.this just consists of tissue and that old "dark' blood.

Or you could just have some reason going on in there that is allowing some of the normally expelled blood to be kind of backed up a bit and so it just sits there then for some reason just finally gets expelled.I would really highly reccomend a trip to your obgyn or if you don't have one,get one,they really are the best type of doc to see regarding anything to do with the female organs.I would think it would not take very long for them to actually find the source of the dark blood.once my doc didthe lap surgery and also did a real good scraping inthere,things got much much better.I still get that dark stuff at the beginning and the end of my periods but not constantly like before.I used to also have extremely heavy periods with some horrid cramping before that surgery was done.it is a very very minor type of out patient procedure that does nto take that long at all and the recovery is pretty quick too.but who knows,you may just be at the beginning of this and nothing will be required as far as real treatment.

when he frist found out what i had,he actually placed me on two birth control pills per day just to stop my periods completely for about six months??i cannot remember exactly as it was a very looong time ago,lol.but this also will help to rid the body of the chocolate cysts too if you actually have any of those formations.

but at any rate,just see a good ob doc and he/she will take it from there.good luck and please let us know whats up,K? **

Old 06-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #3
    Sunlover
    Senior Veteran

Sunlover HB User
    Re: Dark Brown Discharge

How old are you? about 2 months ago my period came on day #35 (usually it's 25) and was dark brown, very scant for it's usual 7 days. 21 days later I got my period again, the dark brown lasted about 5 days, then a fairly normal period started, then it went for almost 4 weeks! (very light though) - I am 47 and just assuming it's the normal hormones going hayware at this age. If you are between 45 and 52 I'd say it's the same thing. However if you are younger it could STILL be hormonal. Sometimes younger people will go through an anovulatory phase and it takes about 3 months to return to normal.

Closed Thread