It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Hydrogen Peroxide for BV

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-28-2006, 05:49 AM   #16
    Kickle
    (female)

Kickle HB User
    Re: Hydrogen Peroxide for BV

No sex while I did the treatment. I have since used it one time for maintenance. I haven't had any symptoms as of yet! Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #17
    RiAnne
    (female)

RiAnne HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickle
    Could you tell me what type of diet changes you made? I would love to try it.
    i used to drink a LOT of fruit juice, eat a lot of fast food, eat a lot of pasta and cheese and bread. i found somewhere, i don't remember where, that all of those things can make the smell worse. so i started drinking about 3/4 less fruit juice, a lot of water, i eat yogurt every day, i try to not eat so much fast food, like once a week only if that. i was eating so much pasta and cheese it was ridiculous. i love it so it's been hard to cut back but all that was affecting the smell and no medication was working.

Old 06-28-2006, 08:03 PM   #18
    gagirl30
    (female)

gagirl30 HB User

RiAnne....I only drink water. I eat yogurt everyday. Beings I have been dealing with BV for many years I've changed my whole life style including eating. I still have the same problems. Thank you for the advice. I'm still using the peroxide and water half and half. I hope this helps!

Old 06-29-2006, 05:46 AM   #19
    RiAnne
    (female)

RiAnne HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gagirl30
    RiAnne....I only drink water. I eat yogurt everyday. Beings I have been dealing with BV for many years I've changed my whole life style including eating. I still have the same problems. Thank you for the advice. I'm still using the peroxide and water half and half. I hope this helps!
    if the symptoms ever come back i'll try the peroxide. it would be nice not to have to eat healthy just to smell normal down there.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:00 PM   #20
    xtrish2002
    (female)

xtrish2002 HB User

hi ladies... i've suffered from chronic BV for about 3 1/2 years now. I've tried all the pills, gels, home remedies, diet changes that i can think of and nothing has worked for me except for hydrogen peroxide. It's been the only thing able to keep my symptoms at bay. The first week i used it every night before bed for 7 nights. Then the second week i used it every other night. That's been about 2 months ago and i'm still using it 1-2 times a week and haven't had any BV symptoms as of yet. I'm scared to stop using it though because i don't want them to come back even for a minute! I figure if keep the bad bacteria out with the peroxide for a few months, that gives the good bacteria a chance to recolonize as i've been told the peroxide won't kill the good bacteria. I don't know if that's true or not. It's been the only thing that's worked though and i'm stickin with it. BV can have a major effect on your life when it becomes chronic and u feel desperate to try anything to be rid of it. But i guess if we hang in there they'll eventually find some med that actually works right? Hope so anyway. Hope u all have the luck that i did with peroxide, once i found out about it it's really been a life saver.

Old 06-29-2006, 07:37 PM   #21
    wishiwerenormal
    (female)

wishiwerenormal HB User

hi xtrish. I too have been suffering with this for 12+ years. just yesterday i went to the herb store and they told me about the peroxide mixed with herbs.
    I've heard about this before (about 10 years ago and just recently again) but i've always been afraid to try it.

So it has truly worked for you? I'm glad!!!!!! This gives me hope!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to wishiwerenormal For This Useful Post:
    pheyren (11-16-2012)
    Old 06-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #22
    xtrish2002
    (female)

xtrish2002 HB User

i just use straight hydrogen peroxide as a douche or "rinse" where i lay down in the bath tub and hold it in longer. what kind of herbs can it be mixed with?? it has truely worked wonders for me and i have no symptoms. But i'm still not stopping this treatment because i think if i don't give the good bacteria time to recolonize it'll just come right back and i'll be let down like with everything else.

Old 06-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #23
    wishiwerenormal
    (female)

wishiwerenormal HB User

They told me at the herb store that they use this recipe at the mid-wife center. and have had awesome results. 1 ounce combination extract of
    3 parts usnea
    1 part goldenseal
    12-16 ounce bottle of peroxide
    Douce bag or bottle with vaginal tip
    Mix 6 oz (3/4 cup of 3% peroxide
    10 oz (1 & 3/4 cup) warm water
    6cc (tsp) Usnea/goldenseal extract shake well
    every other day for a total of 4 applications/ severe cases every day for 4 days.

I havent tried this yet

Old 06-30-2006, 06:00 AM   #24
    xtrish2002
    (female)

xtrish2002 HB User

My mom is really in to herbs and using them for common cold, flu, etc. She told me i should consult an herbalist but i just can't find one in my area. Thank you so much for that recipe!!! I'll definitely be adding this to my treatment but for only the 4 days it's called for. Then i may stop using the peroxide altogether to see if it's worked.

I had BV for over a year before a doctor finally diagnosed it. In 12 months, between the clinic, my GP, and gyno, i went 8 times. The clinic told me i was fine but treated me with cipro anyway because i wouldn't stop complaining. That obviously didn't work. My GP told me i was wasting money on all the cultures i had her do(i was convinced i had some kind of std and made her test me 4 months in a row for everything under the sun). Not one time did she mention anything about BV. I didn't even know what BV was. My then current gyno acted ilke it was all in my head and made me feel stupid for even making an office visit because he said he could find nothing. I finally switched gyno's and right after first exam she looked at the slide and told me right away that i had BV. She tried to help some but the antibiotics haven't worked and i just don't think it's healthy to keep taking them if it's not curing it. It's just going to get more resistant after every round. That's when i started the home remedies, treatments i could find on the internet. I was using acidophilus for about 8 months until just recently when i started the hygrogen peroxide. I was taking the acidophilus orally and using it as inserts. I told my gyno that and she pretty much said that if i found something that works then i should keep using it. It worked to an extent but there was always a sign that it was there (odor, discharge) and if i didn't insert it vaginally every day i would be 10 times worse the next day. I found a post on another website about the hydrogen peroxide and i'm so glad i did. Now i have total relief from all symptoms but i don't wait for symptoms to appear before using it again either. Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to give the background on my experience with this nasty thing that until now has refused to leave. I hope you get good results.. 12 years is a long time to suffer and i feel for you!!! Hang in there and keep me updated on how it's working for ya when you try it!

Old 06-30-2006, 07:30 PM   #25
    wishiwerenormal
    (female)

wishiwerenormal HB User

Hi xtrish. I know exactly how you felt with the Dr's. I've seen close to about 12 Dr's and Gyno's. At one point one of them actually told my husband that I was a hypochodriac. Another one said she couldn't help anymore unless I took an AIDS test and when the nurse came in to do the test she was afraid of touching or poking me. I've been dealing with this for a long time. Most of them told me it was just a yeast infection. Im sure I had these to in combination over the years. There was the..... "OH SO WONDERFUL 3 1/2 years after my daughter was born ( I guess her birth just flushed everything out) when i was pretty much symptom free', but then after my son was born it came back from time to time. But recently I've been with it every month for about 4 months..I just started to see Dr's again in the town I live in now. This is where he told me that it was Bv and not yeast. Funny thing is Ive always used the yeast medications and it takes it away until the next month roles around and then it comes back again.

Fortunately (unlike the other women on these posts) I do not have the bad odor. I never really did. I can only recall about twice that I had bad odor, but once I washed up I was ok.

Today I went to the herb store and bought the usnea/goldenseal. I probably won't try it until my period ends. (It should start any day now) The herb store I got it from is an extremely reputable company and so is the mid wife center in which they use this recipe. I still have fears about trying it since long ago the Dr's said it was not safe and would make matters worse

I'm really glad I found this site. You all are really nice sweet people and I wish you all the best of health and happieness!!!!

Last edited by wishiwerenormal; 06-30-2006 at 07:33 PM.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:29 PM   #26
    shannonbarie
    (female)

shannonbarie HB User

I have been suffering for months with recurrent BV and I am tired of going to the gyno for Flagyl or metrogel or anything else he can come up with. I quit going to my family physician because he said nothing was wrong. The gyno immediately diagnosed BV, to which my reply was, duh.. I've had this before and I knew something wasn't right. But it kept coming back. I am a very clean person and only have one sexual partner, who was also treated and this was driving me nuts. But, I have found that the hydrogen peroxide douche does work well with keeping any symptoms at bay. I also have been taking acidophilus supplements and eating yogurt along with douching because I figured that it couldn't hurt in regards to helping get the normal flora back in check. I have done the douche for a couple of months now. I did it every night for seven days then tapered down from there. I will plan on to keep doing it as a maintainence issue and hope that eventually I won't have to do it anymore, but only time will tell with that I suppose.

Last edited by shannonbarie; 07-16-2006 at 12:31 PM.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:50 AM   #27
    Kickle
    (female)

Kickle HB User

I too have been using this as a maintenance for BV and it does seem to be working. I go tomorrow to be rechecked to see if it's really gone, it's been one month since I was at the Dr and he did a pH and microscopic exam and said definitely BV. I used the one time treatment he prescribed and have been doing the Hydrogen Peroxide since then. So far so good. I will post after the Dr appt. tomorrow.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:16 AM   #28
    Kickle
    (female)

Kickle HB User

Hey girls! No BV! Was rechecked today and it was clear. So I will keep up with the Hydrogen Peroxide douche periodically and see what happens.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:45 PM   #29
    MommaBee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MommaBee HB User

There is one other thing that you can use for BV. Try a teaspoon of vinager in a quart of water and douche with it. It will correct the ph balance better that peroxide. I think that peroxide does well for cleaning, but not correcting the ph of the vagina. Also, putting a cup of vinager in your bath, twice a week will keep you from getting infections again.
    Stay away from sugar! Not just table sugar, but all starches (rice, potatoes, corn, etc.)
    Eat sugar-less yogurt and drink cranberry juice.

The Following User Says Thank You to MommaBee For This Useful Post:
    chico1973 (12-26-2011)
    Old 07-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #30
    shannonbarie
    (female)

shannonbarie HB User

I agree with the vinegar douche to correct the ph balance.

Closed Thread