It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Hydrogen Peroxide for BV

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #76
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User
    Re: Hydrogen Peroxide for BV

my only perimenopausal symptom was blood clots--just like what mom had.
    never had green stuff and teddy bears. You should see a doc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2007, 05:22 PM   #77
    bvhater
    (female)

bvhater HB Userbvhater HB Userbvhater HB User

I agree with SusanGene that you should see a doctor, sha4606. It sounds like you have been trying a lot of home remedies but without the success. Regardless, no monthly cycle? Green/yellow discharge?

Honey, why are you even on this board with questions! I don't have a medical degree, just another vagina! Stop chatting with us and get to a doctor!

Old 01-02-2007, 05:29 AM   #78
    DNSX3
    Veteran
    (female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

I got my period that same night, It was very heavy..everything seems fine again. I write these boards for some from of suggestions,and ideas (which i got) then some of you woman are so rude.Thank you

Old 01-06-2007, 02:11 AM   #79
    bvhater
    (female)

bvhater HB Userbvhater HB Userbvhater HB User

sha4606, I read that again and it did come off hard. Sorry! It is hard to convey tone (especially a playful one) on these boards. *shrug*

Old 01-06-2007, 06:45 AM   #80
    DNSX3
    Veteran
    (female)

My fault...Im sorry..I had my period.I was crabby.Its over now.Thank u.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:41 AM   #81
    Moonshadow13
    (female)

Moonshadow13 HB User

I am so grateful to have found this thread!
    I've suffered from recurrent BV for nearly 3 years now.
    My boyfriend is constantly upset because there always seems to be a problem down there. Just recently, I had BV, then a UTI, then BV again, then a kidney infection...and now BV symptoms are just starting to come back.
    I'm going in for a colposcopy next week, but I highly doubt that will accomplish anything.
    I'm in the middle of changing my diet: cutting out junk and caffeine and adding more yogurt and green vegetables. I've tried cranberry juice like crazy and that seems to make little effect.

I'm going to try the hydrogen peroxide idea starting today. I think that's a really neat and innovative idea! Plus it seems to be working for you all!
    I just wish they'd come up with a final cure for BV...I'm so sick of that messy MetroGel and the nasty-tasting Flagyl!
    And I'm tired of cringing everytime I go to pee!

Old 01-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #82
    jasper1
    (female)

jasper1 HB User
    Question Re: Hydrogen Peroxide for BV

I'm going in for a colposcopy next week, but I highly doubt that will accomplish anything.

What is a colposcopy?
    I tried the suggestion of the hydrogen peroxide and it has helped me. But once I again I am getting symptoms. So I bought some Rephresh gel to see if that helps any. It says on the package that it is supposed to help the PH balance in the vagina.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:35 PM   #83
    DNSX3
    Veteran
    (female)

RePhesh gel seemed to cure a years worth ofBV for me. Hope it helps you. The only thing I didnt like was it would get white and clumpy!!! What good is a colonoscopy?? Let me know what happened? and Why a colonoscopy??!!

Old 01-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #84
    jasper1
    (female)

jasper1 HB User

I wasn't sure if she mispelled colonoscopy. I too was wondering how that would help and am also curious how it all works out. Please keep us posted. I have been feeling better since I started on the Rephresh. Why is it that my gynecologist doesn't tell me about hydrogen peroxide and Rephresh? She only perscribes the expensive medications? And has told me that my husbands sperm is what is probably causing my BV. I was wondering why is it that after 21 years with the same man I now am afflicted with this. I hate it!

Old 01-09-2007, 04:51 PM   #85
    DNSX3
    Veteran
    (female)

Well, from my knowledge, mens sperm lowers your PH balance in your vagina.Which I guess is the connection to infection.I had BV for over a year.After numerous doses of Flagyl,and Metrogel (which causes yeast infections)My Gyno finally gave me RePHesh samples (guess Its a newer product) and, thank GOD, the smell and infection went away!!! Like, I stated,the white clumpy chunks were the worst! I havent used it in about 8 months. I hate when doctors dont give the BV the full attention it needs. Good luck....keep me updated.

Closed Thread