It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Hydrogen Peroxide for BV

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-19-2006, 06:46 AM   #1
    Kickle
    (female)

Kickle HB User
    Hydrogen Peroxide for BV

I have tried EVERTHING and still have recurring BV. My husband was treated also. I have been researching this stuff and a 1:3 hydrogen peroxide "wash" is supposed to be extremely effective. Use 1 per day for 7 days. Anyone tried this? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2006, 09:02 AM   #2
    Longview
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Longview HB User
    Re: Hydrogen Peroxide for BV

My Doc told me about this, and a friend recommended it so i tried it and by gosh i will NEVER use it again. It made it 10x worse!! and it burned!! I would not recommend using it only by my experience, but if you get your hands on some maybe you might want to give it a shot as the experience might be different for you? good luck!

Old 06-20-2006, 06:58 AM   #3
    Kickle
    (female)

Kickle HB User

Hydrogen peroxide is normally produced as a byproduct of acidophilus metabolism, which is why acidophilus is a "friendly" vaginal bacteria - it provides a continual bath of hydrogen peroxide to keep those yeasty beasties and other pathogens from developing an overgrowth.

I started this treatment today. No burning, etc. actually feels better already. I am going to do this for seven days and I will let you guys know how it works. It's supposed to work for yeast and BV. It's worth a try!

Old 06-20-2006, 07:52 AM   #4
    Longview
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Longview HB User

Ok, well you are lucky then. I dont know why i had that experience with it though, thats a bummer!

anyways, let us know how it goes.

Old 06-20-2006, 01:13 PM   #5
    RiAnne
    (female)

RiAnne HB User

the only thing that would help my BV is changing my diet. if it ever comes back i'm going to try this though.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #6
    Longview
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Longview HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiAnne
    the only thing that would help my BV is changing my diet. if it ever comes back i'm going to try this though.
    Yes, yogurt was my best friend !

Old 06-21-2006, 05:21 AM   #7
    Kickle
    (female)

Kickle HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiAnne
    Could you tell me what type of diet changes you made? I would love to try it.

Old 06-21-2006, 06:51 PM   #8
    gagirl30
    (female)

gagirl30 HB User

Do you use just regular Hydrogen Peroxide like in the brown bottle?

Old 06-22-2006, 05:49 AM   #9
    Kickle
    (female)

Kickle HB User

Purchase some standard, over-the-counter hydrogen peroxide, 3% solution, readily available at most pharmacies, drug stores or grocery stores.

If you experience a burning sensation with a vaginal wash, this is a sign that the vaginal tissues are inflamed (presumably from infection), and that there is loose organic material (typically discharge from infection) that is being oxidized as the hydrogen peroxide releases an oxygen atom to become water. The amount of hydrogen peroxide in a 30cc syringe is not enough to raise temperatures to a point where it could literally burn the tissues, but if the burning sensation is painful, it makes sense to dilute the hydrogen peroxide half and half the first few times you use it. Healthy tissues will not produce a burning sensation with the hydrogen peroxide douche.

You can use a 30cc syringe but I just bought a disposable douche and used the bottle. Gentley let the liquid run out slowly to ensure the hydrogen peroxide washes all areas.

I am on my third day, and it really seems to be working. I will use it periodically to keep things under control.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kickle For This Useful Post:
    mommy b (01-20-2012)
    Old 06-22-2006, 06:20 PM   #10
    gagirl30
    (female)

gagirl30 HB User

With doing this with the douche bottle, you actually insert the solution? Would you try just straight hydrogen peroxide first before diluting it?

Old 06-23-2006, 05:58 AM   #11
    Kickle
    (female)

Kickle HB User

I diluted it first, just in case it burned. I am now doing 3/4 hydrogen peroxide and 1/4 water. This is my fourth day. I will probably do full strength tomorrow. It really does seem to be working. After the seven days, I will use it for maintenance occasionally. I do insert the solution into the vagina just like any other douche.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:20 PM   #12
    gagirl30
    (female)

gagirl30 HB User

I am sorry for being so personal, but have you had sexual intercourse during this time of douching with this everyday. I had sex today and was wondering if I should wait before starting this. Sorry again for being so personal. Thank you for your help.

Old 06-24-2006, 06:10 AM   #13
    Kickle
    (female)

Kickle HB User

I wouldn't wait. After sex is a good time to start since semen can raise the vaginal pH somewhat (that's why hince the "smell" after sex). Good luck I hope it works for us!

Old 06-27-2006, 06:25 AM   #14
    Kickle
    (female)

Kickle HB User

I finished the 7 days and everything seems ok so far.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:05 AM   #15
    gagirl30
    (female)

gagirl30 HB User

Kickle...did you have sex during those seven days? If so did it flare it up? I mean even when I would use the vaginal suppositories daily, if I had sex you could smell it flaring up during intercourse. I want that to go away. I just hate this. I have started the peroxide half and half. Today was the second day. I hope it works. Thanks!

Closed Thread