It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• missed birth control pills...possibly pregnant!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-08-2006, 03:06 PM   #1
    JenRas05
    Veteran
    (female)

JenRas05 HB User
    missed birth control pills...possibly pregnant!

I have missed birth control pills quite a few times and think I might be pregnant. I am on my inactive pills right now and am on day three and yet no period. I have for the past month been feeling nauseaus whenever I get up out of bed, my breasts have been really sore and these white spots have appeared on my nipples, I am having to urinate like every couple hours, have been extra tired, and getting hot flashes. It says in my birth control pill instruction booklet that if you don't get your period during your inactive week and have missed a pill to take a pregnancy test. So if I don't get my period this whole week I'll ask my doctor for a test when I go in next monday for a pap. I am only 19 and kind of scared...has anyone else gotten pregnant from missing birth control pills? Any support or advice would be well appreciated!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2006, 03:57 PM   #2
    KylaBK
    (female)

KylaBK HB User
    Re: missed birth control pills...possibly pregnant!

I can't say i've had the same expirence. Since i'm not on birthcontrol. Sorry sweetie but it sounds like you are pregnant. If you don't wanna wait and just want a peice of mind take a home PT. I know it's scarey, but there are alot of options for someone in your situation.
    I wish you the best of luck. And everything will work out...
    k

Old 08-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #3
    JenRas05
    Veteran
    (female)

JenRas05 HB User

Thank you very much for your support! I don't have any money right now though so I couldn't buy a pregnancy test. I'll just wait till Monday....I can make it. I've thought I was pregnant lots of times before but all turned out to be negative so I've been through this. I even got a false positive on a home test before and told my boyfriend that I was pregnant but when I went in for a blood test it was negative. But when I first told him I was pregnant he freaked out and told me how much he wasen't ready to be a parent and didn't want a kid now. But then again he did choose to be sexually active with me with us both knowing the risks so....but he made it really clear that he would never leave me even if I were pregnant. He loves me very much and so do I...we even want to get married later on. I've been with him two years. So thats one good thing..is I know he will stay by my side through it if it happens and will love me all the same. I told him though that if I were pregnant I'd want to keep the baby. I am totally against abortion and I couldn't bear to give up my child for adoption...its still my child weather it happens now or later and its a part of me and my boyfriend and I'd want to keep it and raise it. My friend who is now 19 like me had a baby when she was 18, got pregnant while she was a senior in high school and had the baby after she graduated and is doing a great job raising her little girl even though the father didn't help at all.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:26 AM   #4
    JenRas05
    Veteran
    (female)

JenRas05 HB User

I just got my period this morning with cramps. So I suppose that means I'm not pregnant. I've heard some women still bleed while they are pregnant. Is there any chance I could still be pregnant? I don't want to overreact about this but I just want to be 100% sure one way or the other. And since I was on birth control could the chances of me bleeding while pregnant be even greater?

Old 08-09-2006, 09:22 AM   #5
    punkybear
    Veteran
    (female)

punkybear HB User

When you miss pills it messes up your cycle. I missed pills one cycle and my period came late. It just confuses your body to miss pills.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
    JenRas05
    Veteran
    (female)

JenRas05 HB User

yea...your right, every time I've missed pills I've started bleeding...that could also be messing with my hormones causing me to have these hot flashes and breast soreness.

Old 08-09-2006, 03:27 PM   #7
    kerri0500
    Veteran
    (female)

kerri0500 HB User
    Cool Re: missed birth control pills...possibly pregnant!

This is just my opinion, but if yo umiss pills you might want to use a backup type of BC at the same time. Also, if you even THINK you might be pregnant, next time you might want to stop the pill right away. I know this is an inconvenience, but it is better to either use something else or not have sex at all than it is to have something go wrong with a pregnancy. That is just my 2 cents-trying to help!

Old 08-09-2006, 08:57 PM   #8
    JenRas05
    Veteran
    (female)

JenRas05 HB User

I heard that birth control most likely won't cause any harm if you are pregnant. Many people have gotten pregnant on it and nothing went wrong. And I read you shouldn't just stop your birth control because you think you are pregnant, you should find out for sure before you stop otherwise you'll just mess your cycle up even more. Anyways I'm going to switch birth controls to probably the shot because its too much trouble remembering to take a pill everyday and I don't want to have to worry so much about pregnancy again.

Old 08-11-2006, 12:23 PM   #9
    JenRas05
    Veteran
    (female)

JenRas05 HB User

I thought my period was over but then this morning all of a sudden it got really heavy, a big gush of blood came out and I went to the bathroom and there was this big blood clot about the size of a golf ball on my pad, it had like a string of blood attached to it like it could of been a placenta cord or something, do you think it could of been an early miscarriage?

Closed Thread