It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• Ingrown hair "down there"...?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2006, 09:31 AM   #1
    life for rent
    (female)

life for rent HB User
    Ingrown hair "down there"...?

OK, this is kind of embarrassing, and probably a case of far too much information but here goes...

For the last few days I've noticed an red, slightly raised spot on my pubic mound...it's fairly tender, although not painful unless I press against it. In the last couple of days it has opened up and has been oozing a little amount of pus (sorry, I realise this sounds disgusting) and I'm just wondering whether this is a fairly common occurence or if it could be serious...? The only thing I can link it to is accidentally plucking out a pubic hair, causing an ingrown hair? I don't really want to see a doctor about it but I'm also kind of worried about it. I'm going to keep an eye on it and hope that it goes away on its own, but just wondered if anyone else had had something similar and could put my mind at rest...?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2006, 12:29 PM   #2
    shannonbarie
    (female)

shannonbarie HB User
    Re: Ingrown hair "down there"...?

I have and it's nothing to be worried about unless it gets worse. It most likely is an ingrown hair. I get them from shaving and/or waxing. You can put peroxide or alcohol on it if you want and it won't cause any harm. Just keep it clean and you should be fine.

Old 08-15-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
    weeweejujubee
    (female)

weeweejujubee HB User

I get them often and it's not fun, I know. But if you can put hot moist compress on it. As hot as you can without burning yourself. This will bring infection/puss to a head and you should be able to get it out. I is nothing to worry about but if it becomes so painful you can't stand it, it might be a good idea to have it drained by a doctor. I know sounds gross, and it is. Oh the fun we women have huh?

Old 08-15-2006, 09:13 PM   #4
    ILoveMyPuppy
    (female)

ILoveMyPuppy HB User

Ingrown hair.....I flipped out when I had one. The warm compress will definitely help.

Closed Thread