It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

• does anyone know anything bout thickening endometrium????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-04-2006, 07:15 AM   #1
    TerriblyWorried
    (female)

TerriblyWorried HB User
    Question does anyone know anything bout thickening endometrium????

[B][I]
    I have just been told that i may have caner as i have thickening of the endometrium............. would REALLY apprecite anyone thats ever had this or similar to tell me something about it all as i have no idea at all and am rather scared and worried

So if anyone out there can help me id really appreciate it PLEASE

Thanks again to any who reply
    TerrilyWorried

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2006, 06:19 AM   #2
    shannonbarie
    (female)

shannonbarie HB User
    Re: does anyone know anything bout thickening endometrium????

The only way to tell if it's cancerous is by a biopsy. A thickened endometrium can be due to where you are at in your cycle not to mention numerous other reasons other than cancer. If I may ask, how old are you? I had an endometrial biopsy this last Thursday in the office and it wasn't terribly painful, but it was done for reasons other than a thickened endometrium. I know it's hard not to be terrified, but don't get all worked up when the cause is unknown. I suggest talking to your doctor and getting the biopsy done a.s.a.p. so you know what is going on. If that doctor doesn't give you the answers you want, find another one. Best wishes to you and keep us posted please.

Shannon

The Following User Says Thank You to shannonbarie For This Useful Post:
    melony88 (05-15-2012)
    Old 09-05-2006, 07:16 AM   #3
    willo1980
    Veteran
    (female)

willo1980 HB User

My endomerial lining is thickened and my doctor suspects andomyosis (sp) which is endometrisios in the uterus. She's not suspecting cancer, but doing a D&C and taking a sample to check for sure. I agree with the other poster, get some tests done. If that doctor won't do them, see another. Don't accept cancer unless a test proves it. You could just be about to have a heavy period. Good luck.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:25 PM   #4
    patricia81
    (female)

patricia81 HB User

hi i have the same problem i do not want a endometrial biopsy i am 50 can i take the alternative and have a d c

Old 10-12-2006, 02:46 PM   #5
    sunnydaze1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sunnydaze1 HB User

Most insurance companies require an endo biopsy first before a D&C. Don't fret too much over it, although it smarts a bit, it's only for a second. I know, I've had 6 of them in the past 5 years.

Take some ibuprophen an hour before the biopsy (I take 4-200mg. which is prescription strength, but check w/doctor before you do so) and it made all the difference in the world..hardly felt it at all being done.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:01 AM   #6
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User
    Smile Re: does anyone know anything bout thickening endometrium????

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TerriblyWorried
    [B][I]
    I have just been told that i may have caner as i have thickening of the endometrium............. would REALLY apprecite anyone thats ever had this or similar to tell me something about it all as i have no idea at all and am rather scared and worried

So if anyone out there can help me id really appreciate it PLEASE

Thanks again to any who reply
    TerrilyWorried
    I am 62 and bleeding again; this happened 2 yrs ago so I talked to a doctor over the net. He said if your uterine lining has been stimulated by estrogen, and you then take Provera for ten days, changes occur that trigger a menstrual period when the Provera is stopped. So bleeding after Provera indicates that you make enough estrogen to stimulate growth of the uterine lining, that the cervix and uterine lining are structurally NORMAL, and that you are not pregnant. I was sixty and took Provera for ten days then stopped and I had my first period in years. I have No idea why he didn't suggest testing. So I'm going on provera asap for ten days once again.

Closed Thread